Any apps for older IOS?

• HTML tutorial

FrontyFrank

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

NJ, USA
Member #

I wanted to get the Gaia app on my Ipad Mini, but it's the first gen model and can't get newer than IOS 9.4.5. The Gaia app requires IOS 10 minimum. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a similar app that might work with the older IOS?

Thanks
Frank

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Bad news… Apple and android both plan for their products to be obsolete, usually within about five years. That is not always the case with the newer stuff, it seems like they are letting the newer stuff go longer, but all that first and second generation stuff is pretty much just good for old games.

If I were you I would sell that for about $70, because that is likely all you’ll get out of it , And invest in a new iPad. I personally use an iPad Air 2 128GB, and I find the screen size is just right for creating maps in the living room, then transferring it to my overland vehicle for use on the trail.

James

Cdaug

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX
Member #

I wanted to get the Gaia app on my Ipad Mini, but it's the first gen model and can't get newer than IOS 9.4.5. The Gaia app requires IOS 10 minimum. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a similar app that might work with the older IOS?

Thanks
Frank
There are some work for this depending on the app. Netflix is similar. If you have an iPhone, you would basically get the app on that. If the company has an older version cached in the iTunes store (Netflix did, not sure if Gaia does) you can download it a different way from the Purchased tab. Did it a while ago, sorry I don't have any links

Reactions: FrontyFrank

FrontyFrank

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

NJ, USA
Member #

Thanks guys. For now, I can use my phone to play with the app. I’ll need it eventually when I venture further from home.