Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Is anyone using an aftermarket anti theft alarm system? A recent camping trip and conversation with @rmerron got me thinking that maybe the factory ignition disabler, that comes with most newer cars, isn't enough. Most of us put a lot of expensive aftermarket parts on our rigs and I'm thinking more coverage like glass breakage, tilt/lift and shaking would be in order. I've looked into Clifford, Python and Viper and these offer the above plus GPS and the ability to access the system with a smart phone, for an additional fee. I would appreciate any opinions or comments, especially if anyone is using a system.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
http://m.quadratec.com/products/product.php?pid=15001+1000
I've been thinking about this. It's pretty neat and simple to install and it activates every time you turn the key off and only way to reactivate is with a hidden magnetic switch or if you bypass for like when your on the trails.
Interesting product. Since I have a 2015 JKU, it already has the ignition disabler. My big concern is losing aftermarket stuff I have on or in the rig. I'd like to know if someone breaks the glass or is climbing on it to get my stuff.

rmerron

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Scottsboro, Alabama, USA
First Name
Ralph
Last Name
Peters
Member #

I have a Drone system, vibration, glass break GPS tracking, cost about $1000 installed and about $60 a year for the drone app. Let's me track the vehicle on a map, start the vehicle, arm dis-arm etc. also has a remote that works up to 1/2 mile away in case we are in the boonies and have no cell coverage, the remote has notifications on it. Also I get an email if the system goes off. Pretty cool setup.

Reactions: mmnorthdirections

Flip

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Corona, CA.
Member #

I have a Drone system, vibration, glass break GPS tracking, cost about $1000 installed and about $60 a year for the drone app. Let's me track the vehicle on a map, start the vehicle, arm dis-arm etc. also has a remote that works up to 1/2 mile away in case we are in the boonies and have no cell coverage, the remote has notifications on it. Also I get an email if the system goes off. Pretty cool setup.
Do you have a link or more info on your setup?

rmerron

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Scottsboro, Alabama, USA
First Name
Ralph
Last Name
Peters
Member #

Dronemobile.com the drone is a separate system from the alarm, but a good installer can ensure they are compatible.

Reactions: Narbob

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Dronemobile.com the drone is a separate system from the alarm, but a good installer can ensure they are compatible.
Hey Ralph, I just looked it up and it looks like it
Hey Ralph, it looks like you can get a complete system or pick and choose some options. The basic service is $49 and premium, which I'm sure you need for gps etc, is $119. I could probably save by forgoing the remote start. Is there a reason you chose this over Viper or the others that offer the same? BTW, good to hear from you and I hope you guys are doing well.

rmerron

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Scottsboro, Alabama, USA
First Name
Ralph
Last Name
Peters
Member #

It was a good system and the dealer here in Huntsville other systems. The Drone does work in Canada and Mexico so that was a selling point to me. I went with the $119 for a year. Cheap insurance and piece of mind. The remote start came with it as I got the premium system. Good if you have your Rig sitting for a while and I'm away, it only runs for 15 mins. Good hearing from you. Take care. Ralph

Reactions: Narbob