Launch Member

Contributor I

Wilsonville, AL, USA
First Name
Wesley
Last Name
Wooten
Member #

I want to move my cb antenna from the back of my fj cruiser to the front. I have the mount below that I ordered from a cb shop, and was told it would mount to the front. I can't figure out where or how to mount it. Any suggestions?20190727_173552_HDR.jpeg20190727_173558.jpeg20190727_173611.jpeg20190727_173602.jpeg20190727_173605.jpeg

Jeremiah Johnson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Dallas, OR, USA
Member #

That style of mount is meant to fit between the hood and fender. So you'd pop the hood, screw the mount down to the fender so it sticks up through the gap when the hood is closed. It involves drilling but they are effective mounts, probably the most common style in my area.

*edit- Also the adjustable part is facing the wrong way, it would prevent the hood from opening or closing. Your 2nd picture illustrates it best. Just unscrew the bolts, flip the top adjustable part around so the top flat area the antenna will bolt into is facing outboard, away from the hood, and bolt it back down.

Last edited:

Wesley Wooten

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Wilsonville, AL, USA
First Name
Wesley
Last Name
Wooten
Member #

That style of mount is meant to fit between the hood and fender. So you'd pop the hood, screw the mount down to the fender so it sticks up through the gap when the hood is closed. It involves drilling but they are effective mounts, probably the most common style in my area.

*edit- Also the adjustable part is facing the wrong way, it would prevent the hood from opening or closing. Your 2nd picture illustrates it best. Just unscrew the bolts, flip the top adjustable part around so the top flat area the antenna will bolt into is facing outboard, away from the hood, and bolt it back down.
Thanks! I was really confused as to how this was going to stick out when the hood is closed. I appreciate the advice!

Reactions: Jeremiah Johnson