Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles CA
First Name
Cesar
Last Name
Casasola
Member #

We are a group of 20 including kids traveling on Thursday night and we would like to camp out near vegas or pass to rest and continue with our journey any camp recommendation we planning to leave LA around 8pm guessing we would be around midnight to Vegas and try to camp out around or pass pls help me out here thanks more appreciate

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

Two options, Valley of Fire State park is about 45 plus minutes outside Vegas. Great place, really great place. Showers, flushing toilets. You would be arriving late and that is never easy in a campground. Front half of this campground is open and should be easy to move into IF there is space. The back half in the nice big rocks may not be so easy. Generally this is on the way to Zion. When I go from LA to Zion I always stop about midnight in Mesquite, a border town about an hour outside of Vegas on the way to Zion navigation wise. Cheap old style Vegas hotels from about $40.00 a night. These are big hotels so not a Motel 6, well kept and maintained. There are always rooms, and you can book on line for the cheap fare. Hope this helps.

coruja08

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles CA
First Name
Cesar
Last Name
Casasola
Member #

Thx for all the info Gary Stevens we make some reservations at Mesquite thanks i really appreciate thanks a lot

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Gary Stevens

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

Also, between Vegas and Mesquite there is only one gas station that is open late. It has cheap gas prices compared to Vegas. Last time I went, eight months ago I was planning on filling up there instead of Vegas. It was closed. Made it to Mesquite on as close to empty as I have ever been. Good idea to fill up in Vegas. There is nothing but dark highway between the two locations. Have a great trip!