Launch Member

Contributor I

Frederick, MD, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Madison
Member #

So my winter/ covid- 19 project here it is a $400 dollar rust bucket put in floor pans and painted it and cleaned the crap out of the inside. Now I'm down to mechanicals I'll keep posting as I work on it.

Attachments

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
So my winter/ covid- 19 project here it is a $400 dollar rust bucket put in floor pans and painted it and cleaned the crap out of the inside. Now I'm down to mechanicals I'll keep posting as I work on it.
sweet rig

Reactions: MDBIGHORN

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
What kind/size of lift are you going with? Jeep XJs are the best. I've had 4......though I would love to have a Willys lol.

MDBIGHORN

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Frederick, MD, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Madison
Member #

I did a 3" lift from zone offroad it was $500 came with coils, leafs and shocks. I'm trying to build on a budget but so far the kit has been good see how it feels when I get it on the road. Just wrapped up the brakes. New hard lines, ss lines and I picked up drums, shoes and pads all new from a guy doing a axle swap for 50 bucks

Attachments

Reactions: Downs

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

If my wife wouldn't kill me for doing it, I'd love to take on a similar projects. She's got it in her head that I can't do both a frame-off restoration AND rebuild an XJ. Something about we need to be able to pay for groceries.

Also, I love the headliner. Dang slick!

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Living on Ramen will free up money for parts.

• Love
Reactions: old_man

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Very cool XJ - great to see one getting saved instead of just trashed and thrown away. With that much rust, how were all the pickup points on the unibody for the suspension, steering etc?

-TJ

Joeygo

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Santa Clarita, Ca.
Member #

I've lived in California my whole life. I've always wrenched on vehicles. I have never had to deal with the rust issues like you guys back east. Great job on the XJ. Looks good.