Another Noobie...

• HTML tutorial

Veinot

Rank 0

Contributor III

I joined to look over peoples builds and maybe get some inspiration and or a clue as to what sort of rig I am looking for. Me the wife and kids would like to start exploring Canada. We are out currently in PEI and originally from Nova Scotia. Not sure if we will be road warriors, off roaders, soft roaders, campers or hotel people yet but we will see I guess. I use to camp often enough and enjoyed 4x4 trips although never owned my own. All I have to work with right now is a 2011 Cruze with 280k and some basic camping kit. I have offroaded the Cruze but don't recommend it. It is dangerous, potentially expensive, scary, and lowers your trade-in value; but the look on their faces when a Cruze clammers out of the woods and pulls up at a tailgate party is pretty priceless.
Planning on building a garage this spring and hoping that leads to a few projects; Canoe/Kayak, Small teardrop camper or adventure trailer, and a rig build to pull it. My wife like Subaru, specifically the Forester, but I don't like CVT's. I have been partial to the Nissan Xterra and 4runner. We compromised and are looking at buying a used 2015 Forester...

tyleromyah

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

We run out of a 2007 Forester XT which we love. The down side of Subaru is the space. We are a family of 4 so we have to pick and choose what is most important based on our trip. Hopefully this spring will bring bumpers with more storage areas, but until then.. we are running with 230k miles and i would jump in it right now and go across the country without worry. Its been a great, reliable vehicle and building it has been fairly inexpensive comparitively.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I joined to look over peoples builds and maybe get some inspiration and or a clue as to what sort of rig I am looking for. Me the wife and kids would like to start exploring Canada. We are out currently in PEI and originally from Nova Scotia. Not sure if we will be road warriors, off roaders, soft roaders, campers or hotel people yet but we will see I guess. I use to camp often enough and enjoyed 4x4 trips although never owned my own. All I have to work with right now is a 2011 Cruze with 280k and some basic camping kit. I have offroaded the Cruze but don't recommend it. It is dangerous, potentially expensive, scary, and lowers your trade-in value; but the look on their faces when a Cruze clammers out of the woods and pulls up at a tailgate party is pretty priceless.
Planning on building a garage this spring and hoping that leads to a few projects; Canoe/Kayak, Small teardrop camper or adventure trailer, and a rig build to pull it. My wife like Subaru, specifically the Forester, but I don't like CVT's. I have been partial to the Nissan Xterra and 4runner. We compromised and are looking at buying a used 2015 Forester...
Hello and welcome to the OB crew....good luck on your search for your adventure platform. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Welcome to OLB and the Canada - Atlantic Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
Looking for the Canada - Atlantic Forum? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/canada-atlantic-nl-pe-ns-nb.126/

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Welcome to the forum from West Texas. Congrats on getting out for an adventure by any means possible. It should inspire us all to get out more. :-)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound