Another New Member from Orange County, Ca.

• HTML tutorial

Broncobliss

Rank 0

Traveler I

My wife and I drop our youngest off at college tomorrow. This is our "new" adventure. Home base is Anaheim Hills. We have been playing with a '94 Bronco. Chasing gremlins and slowly outfitting it. We plan to sleep inside and transport the gear out every evening. Simple close to civilization trips first as we shakedown our Bronco and gear. Then move out farther. In the past we have done Rubicon, Mojave trail and Baja but always with groups. Our schedule is one 2 - 3 night trip once a month. I Plan on gleaning from everyone's triumphs and trials. Thank you.
20170811_144019-1.jpg

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

My wife and I drop our youngest off at college tomorrow. This is our "new" adventure. Home base is Anaheim Hills. We have been playing with a '94 Bronco. Chasing gremlins and slowly outfitting it. We plan to sleep inside and transport the gear out every evening. Simple close to civilization trips first as we shakedown our Bronco and gear. Then move out farther. In the past we have done Rubicon, Mojave trail and Baja but always with groups. Our schedule is one 2 - 3 night trip once a month. I Plan on gleaning from everyone's triumphs and trials. Thank you.
View attachment 32735
Welcome to OB, Broncobliss! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Broncobliss

Thatredfj

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Kirkwood, MO, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Willard
Member #

View attachment 32735
That bronco is amazing! I have always wanted one! Welcome to the forums from the Midwest!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Broncobliss

Broncobliss

Rank 0

Traveler I

That bronco is amazing! I have always wanted one! Welcome to the forums from the Midwest!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app
Thank you. We loved the Bronco we had back in the early '90s simply because you can sleep comfortably inside. It has a new transmission with hardened parts, 4.56 gears chromalloy shafts, trussed rear with a soft locker. New carpet headliner, rack with ARB awning, tons of new electrical, motor controls, high visibility dust lighting and charging system. Next is front suspension, seats, spare tire and more recovery stuff.

Broncobliss

Rank 0

Traveler I

Screenshot_20170722-153410.jpg
sahweeeet rig. desolate motorsports rack looks better and better everytime i see one
Greg keeps upping Desolate's game. He has lots of new options coming for the front suspension too. I am just trying to make up my mind. I have Desolate rear set-up including: upper shock mounts, diff cover/truss and shackles, Deavers, Kings valved by Desolate. Need the front to work as well.

Nickynick351

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

San Francisco, CA
Member #

yeahhhhhhhhhhhh, idk how much i wanna throw at this thing, ive seen their prices as well as Solo Motorsports down there and its not cheap. trucks they do sure come out pretty tho.

Broncobliss

Rank 0

Traveler I

yeahhhhhhhhhhhh, idk how much i wanna throw at this thing, ive seen their prices as well as Solo Motorsports down there and its not cheap. trucks they do sure come out pretty tho.
Solo and Desolate are top level for Broncos for sure. I originally was going to overland a used Raptor so I am way ahead right now.

Camp4lo

Rank 0

Contributor I

Love your rig. I have an 83 project thats killing me. I've been told to wheel it out into the street and light it on fire. I can't I love it too much. I will die on this hill lol

Broncobliss

Rank 0

Traveler I

Love your rig. I have an 83 project thats killing me. I've been told to wheel it out into the street and light it on fire. I can't I love it too much. I will die on this hill lol
Hahahaha. I love that line "I will die on this hill!" Is it electrical? That was my nightmare at first. All new ground and charging. Replacedmost electrical bolt on like TPS, UPS etc. Then the entire harness in the driver's door hahaha. I remember building a 1950 Chevy 5 window pick up and one night I found myself under the truck so frustrated that I literally had tears of frustration and defeat over the brake conversion

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
There is a meet-up Sept 10th in Irvine if you have time. Great bunch of guys show up and talk rigs and adventures.