Another Mojave Road video, but it's mine......

• HTML tutorial

California Overland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Roseville, Ca.
Member #

Here's some drone footage of our Mojave Road trip from 2018. Finally have some time to put the footage together while stuck at home.

We traveled from Atlanta to Laughlin, NV to do the trail from East to West.

The drone is a DJI Spark.

Mojave Road video
What's your experience been with the Spark? Pro's/Con's? Ever wish you'd bought the Mavic Pro instead?

killallninjas

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Atlanta, GA
Member #

What's your experience been with the Spark? Pro's/Con's? Ever wish you'd bought the Mavic Pro instead?
I'm really happy with my decision. I didn't have any experience with drones before I got it. I wanted something small and simple.
It is small with very short flight time per battery. The size makes it unstable in winds and it isn't very fast. The tracking isn't the best, but I think that was pretty similar along the entire DJI range for that time.
For the type of footage I have been using it for, I've been interested in the new Skydio 2 as a follow option. I think the DJIs have been getting better, as well. I'm not to the point of getting another one, but I will get a nicer, bigger drone that tracks/follows better next.
It was a good intro into the drone world for me.

Reactions: California Overland

killallninjas

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Atlanta, GA
Member #

Pretty cool! In August we're leaving from Texas to explore Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico. hope to get some drone footage as well!
Such a great part of the country to check out. We've done the Telluride area and Moab. So much to do and see!

killallninjas

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Atlanta, GA
Member #

That's the area we'll be traveling! Any advice, suggestions, or "must" sights and trails to explore?
Are you doing off road trails? We camped and did trails in both areas.
We used this map for Telluride:

And this one for Moab:

I have some videos of some of the trails I did:

You really can't go wrong any of those places!

Reactions: Medcomm