Launch Member

Contributor I

Marietta, GA
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Law
Member #

Hello Y’all, I’ve been a member for a couple of years, give or take, but haven’t been able to connect due to work and living in the greater Atlanta area.

Originally from Northern California I’ve had the opportunity to live throughout the Inter-Mountain West: CO, ID, UT as well as the Pacific Northwest and the Northeast and I’ve become more and more home sick, especially after watching your videos...

With that being said, I’ve really, really missed taking my Jeep off-road with my dog and mountain bike; and no disrespect to my fellow Georgians, this isn’t the same as out West.

So, it brings me to this very point as to why I finally decided to introduce myself as —
“AN OLD NEWBIE THAT ONCE WAS LOST HAS NOW BEEN FOUND”, with hopes to have the opportunity to participate in some of your events. In the meantime, I’m going to continue living my adventures through Overland Bound.

BTW...
I Love The Videos — I’ve Learned A Lot
In fact my 128 lb Golden Retriever - Pooh Bear loves watching the videos as well as
over-landing...
2013 Jeep Wrangler 10th Anniversary Rubicon

Attachments

EXPO_D1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coyle
Member #

Hello Y’all, I’ve been a member for a couple of years, give or take, but haven’t been able to connect due to work and living in the greater Atlanta area.

Originally from Northern California I’ve had the opportunity to live throughout the Inter-Mountain West: CO, ID, UT as well as the Pacific Northwest and the Northeast and I’ve become more and more home sick, especially after watching your videos...

With that being said, I’ve really, really missed taking my Jeep off-road with my dog and mountain bike; and no disrespect to my fellow Georgians, this isn’t the same as out West.

So, it brings me to this very point as to why I finally decided to introduce myself as —
“AN OLD NEWBIE THAT ONCE WAS LOST HAS NOW BEEN FOUND”, with hopes to have the opportunity to participate in some of your events. In the meantime, I’m going to continue living my adventures through Overland Bound.

BTW...
In fact my 128 lb Golden Retriever - Pooh Bear loves watching the videos as well as
over-landing...
By the look of things you don't look very lost. You look very prepared [emoji482]

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

BTW...
over-landing...
Welcome back to the forum and the OB. Looks like your rig could use a little dirt on it, don't they have any back roads in Georgia's boonies. Come west ol man into the vast wildernesses of the SW territories. :<)

Reactions: Eddie Law

Eddie Law

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Marietta, GA
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Law
Member #

It was clean in that photo. It’s also what I use for my business. Since that picture was taken I’ve went from 35” tires to 37’s. As for being prepared, I have to travel to sites where there’s no AAA.

I do site surveys at water reservoirs, transportation hubs, oil and gas pipelines for DHS as a subcontractor, using video via the ground and air.
And with that data, create technical content, along with other material; hence the reason for traveling in some remote areas; up and down the eastern seaboard.

Disclaimer: I just noticed that I mistyped my member #. It should read as 1940. I had to check my Jeep’s medallion, in the middle of the night because it was bugging me
That’s what happens when you get very little sleep.

I used to carry my Pelican cases up on top, in the basket of the Jeep, but now haul my gear, for the most part, in a modified M1102 LTT HMMWV trailer. It's excellent off-road and clearing a path through the overgrown thicket and brush found on a lot of the private, double-track trails; if only the trailer were in front I could really clear out some trails

I also have limb risers now that have saved my windshield several times. Unfortunately, I had to learn my lesson a couple of times before someone suggested that I try them; an inexpensive alternative to replacing windshields.

I also mounted a rooftop tent on top of my trailer, that comes in handy when I'm out in the middle of nowhere, and I don't feel like spending an hour ½ or more to drive to a hotel every night, and then make that return trip all over again... It helps at times with the project’s margins when you can save on lodging and meals.

With that being said, I'm planning on making a road trip out west: So CA, AZ, UT, and CO, to spend around three weeks doing some exploring.
While out there, I would love to meet up with some of you that would love to show me some great trails, located in beautiful areas, with great places to camp off the beaten path, where I can do some mountain biking and hiking as well with my dog.

I’m willing to meet up with y’all. My first phase of the trip is So CA, leaving GA the 3rd or 4th week of October. After spending time in CA it’s off to AZ and UT, with my trip finishing up in So CO before heading back to GA. Give me the location, and I'll let you know where I'm at while on my way out there. And of course I'm open to all recommedations, especially when it involves getting dirty.

Meanwhile, have a great Friday

P.S.
I'll be towing my Humvee trailer to be used as a base camp, which means that i’ll need access to trails that can accommodate the width of the trailer - about 96”

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

BTW...
over-landing...
With that number you've been a member a lot longer than a couple of years, probably 8-10 years.
Anyway welcome home !

Inca4x4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
First Name
luis
Last Name
montes
Member #

BTW...
over-landing...
Looks awesome im in atlanta and have a jku and gladiator alway doing parts of the ga traverse. The military trailer looks really good. Im on instagram @Inca4x4 IMG_4387.JPG

Eddie Law

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Marietta, GA
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Law
Member #

I like your Gladiator!
If I didn’t have so much invested into my JKU, I’d buy one...
It's definitely my next Jeep.

By the way...
I’m always looking for someone or someone(s) to go off-roading, exploring, camping, etc. Unfortunately, I haven't done any since moving here

Inca4x4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
First Name
luis
Last Name
montes
Member #

I like your Gladiator!
If I didn’t have so much invested into my JKU, I’d buy one...
It's definitely my next Jeep.

By the way...
I’m always looking for someone or someone(s) to go off-roading, exploring, camping, etc. Unfortunately, I haven't done any since moving here
I was going to sell my jku but its not worth selling for all that i have put into it so i kept it. I still wheel in it and because of longbase on gladiator i think its more capable in some situations. If you in atlanta im always down to wheel. Im on instagram @Inca4x4