Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

I reached out to @Michael and @Corrie awhile back for some insight. They didn't know I was going to write this article at the time, but I've found such great community here. Y'all are some pretty cool people. As fulltime travelers we've gotten to meet quite a few of you over the years and we hope to meet more of you.

If you are interested in the article you can find it here: Overland Bound: Why You Should Join Now.

This is just my way of giving back to this awesome group of like minded enthusiasts.

If you have a friend who isn't part of OB yet, please share it with them. Also if you've been a lurker here on the forums and have been on the fence about joining, please read. The more folks that get behind this amazing platform that has been built, the more we'll be able to do as a community.

#OB14045
Eric aka Jeepsies

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I reached out to @Michael and @Corrie awhile back for some insight. They didn't know I was going to write this article at the time, but I've found such great community here. Y'all are some pretty cool people. As fulltime travelers we've gotten to meet quite a few of you over the years and we hope to meet more of you.

If you are interested in the article you can find it here: Overland Bound: Why You Should Join Now.

This is just my way of giving back to this awesome group of like minded enthusiasts.

If you have a friend who isn't part of OB yet, please share it with them. Also if you've been a lurker here on the forums and have been on the fence about joining, please read. The more folks that get behind this amazing platform that has been built, the more we'll be able to do as a community.

#OB14045
Eric aka Jeepsies
Very well said. Thanks for writing the article and sharing it.

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ

#OB14045
Eric aka Jeepsies
Nice article!

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Nice article. Of all the globe, you featured my zone in the map image in your article! As it is, I had like $1.08 left on a prepaid visa gift card, so guess who got the last $1?? That's right, baby... on your way to full time! :-D

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi Erik ( @Jeepsies )!

Wow! Thank you so much! I had many thoughts while reading, primarily - what a nice thing to do! It's really appropriated. There's so much that goes on behind the scenes to make it all work and it was nice to read. We continue every day to work very hard to make the community the best it can be.

There was also quite a bit in the article about the community. Its the community that makes this a family friendly environment that is accepting and helpful. That is key to real survival when adventuring! Thank you all for continuing to be an incredible resource for those seeking a connection and solace in the great outdoors.

We had intentionally made our about page a little generic to be honest, and I had to update it a bit to more accurately capture the real value of OLB, it's people.

Lot's of great things to come. 2020 is going to be a great year for OLB and the community!

Thank you again!

M

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Nice article. Of all the globe, you featured my zone in the map image in your article! As it is, I had like $1.08 left on a prepaid visa gift card, so guess who got the last $1?? That's right, baby... on your way to full time! :-D
Haha, I really appreciate that Martin! My best to you and hope to catch you on a trail sometime. ~ E

Reactions: Munga Brown

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Hi Erik ( @Jeepsies )!

Wow! Thank you so much! I had many thoughts while reading, primarily - what a nice thing to do! It's really appropriated. There's so much that goes on behind the scenes to make it all work and it was nice to read. We continue every day to work very hard to make the community the best it can be.

There was also quite a bit in the article about the community. Its the community that makes this a family friendly environment that is accepting and helpful. That is key to real survival when adventuring! Thank you all for continuing to be an incredible resource for those seeking a connection and solace in the great outdoors.

We had intentionally made our about page a little generic to be honest, and I had to update it a bit to more accurately capture the real value of OLB, it's people.

Lot's of great things to come. 2020 is going to be a great year for OLB and the community!

Thank you again!

M
Happy to do it @Michael would appreciate a share on social of the article from anyone who can. It helps me keep the wheels turning. Speaking of which we're heading into Baja for 2 months here in about a week!