Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ball Ground, GA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
McCloskey
Member #

I love my new truck so much, I don't want to do anything to it! I mean, I'm looking for a way to mount my winch, and I am in the market for a RTT and bed rack, but you'd think I'd want a lift, bigger tires, etc, but I don't. Feels weird, but I seriously don't want to mess with it. Any other elective stockers out there? :grin::grin:

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

I dont know about getting old maybe more mature is a better term lol. I keep putting off buying a winch so i dont have to install my bumper thats been sitting on my garage floor since march.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

benmmc

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ball Ground, GA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
McCloskey
Member #

I dont know about getting old maybe more mature is a better term lol. I keep putting off buying a winch so i dont have to install my bumper thats been sitting on my garage floor since march.
Ha, we have the opposite problem. This is what I'm eyeing for my Taco. I like how it's so stock-looking. Like it came from the factory that way. I don't think I'd get the extra bar:

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Ha, we have the opposite problem. This is what I'm eyeing for my Taco. I like how it's so stock-looking. Like it came from the factory that way. I don't think I'd get the extra bar:

That looks awesome. I think once you find what your short comings are with your truck on the trail you will start upgrading it. Why waste money on upgrades if the truck works they way it is stock for you.

E

expeditionnorth

I added a winch by adding a front hitch receiver, so it remains as stock as possible
I know its not perfect but it works & is very solid

GoHeels

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wilmington NC
Member #

Your better off anyhow, once you do one thing you'll want to do another.
Plus it will never drive as nice as it does stock. At least that's the case with the solid front axles.
Can't say about the Tacomas but a lot of vehicle have bolt on bracket mounts where a bull bar or tow hooks would go. You would mount the winch there and just remove if you ever decide to. Probably easier than installing a front hitch. Mine took like 45mins to put the mount on. (Not including modding the plate).

MidwestOverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Indianapolis, IN
Member #

Naw, I'm with you. I can you though that I really want larger tires. The 32" tires on my truck just look out of place. 34.25" fit with zero issues and 35x12.5 fit with minimal inner fender liner trimming. Suspension wise... i'm golden. I did up the initial cost of investment and bought the TRD Pro version of my truck that has the Bilstein 6112s up front and the 5160s in the rear though.