• HTML tutorial

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
Husbands who don't thank their wives are the jerkiest of jerks.

I can't pay a woman enough to spend five minutes with me, any dude that gets himself married had better make sure that woman feels appreciated!

Reactions: Pindal and Tommys

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Each and every trip we take, (and we just finished a 13,500 mile trip) I thank my darling for being the best traveling partner ever. She's the best navigator as well as being about the best of everything else in life. My BIL thinks if one lives in an area of intense beauty that you'd get used to it and think it to be hum drum after a short time. I disagree, intensely disagree. The beauty of nature is much like the beauty of a woman. After 35 years I'm still enthralled by the beauty of the hamlet we have lived in, and the beauty of a woman after 37 years. Schmaltzee? Heck ya !!

Tommys

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Round Rock, Texas
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Sustaita
Member #

Each and every trip we take, (and we just finished a 13,500 mile trip) I thank my darling for being the best traveling partner ever. She's the best navigator as well as being about the best of everything else in life. My BIL thinks if one lives in an area of intense beauty that you'd get used to it and think it to be hum drum after a short time. I disagree, intensely disagree. The beauty of nature is much like the beauty of a woman. After 35 years I'm still enthralled by the beauty of the hamlet we have lived in, and the beauty of a woman after 37 years. Schmaltzee? Heck ya !!
Heck yeah, I like that!

Reactions: MMc and Pindal

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
Love well used doesn't wear out, it strengthens. Love for location, companion, machine, any thing.

Appreciation deepens as you become more familiar with that which you love.

Reactions: Tommys and MOAK

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I agree. My wife never camped before me, we started slow with showers and flushers, 2 years later she was dry camping at Baja surf spots, and loving it. We camped together for 33 years all over western USA and Baja. I lost her 7 years ago, I am so glad we were able to spend all those nights together away from the world, just she and I. Always thank your wife, please don't take her for granted. You never know when you will not be able to.

Last edited:

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
Thanks for starting this thread.

I think it is important to acknowledge, thank and show appreciation for our partners ( wife, husband or partner )
ps and not just for camping, but for being there, even in the small things

My husband will go out with me, but usually I am solo or with a group of liked minded individuals.
It’s my need to be outside, my desire to go exploring, and it feeds my soul and spirit.
I thank my husband for supporting me, for letting me be free and wild, and knowing I will always come home..
because that is where the heart is :)

John_Dillon

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Saint Helens, Columbia County, Oregon, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Dillon
I have always been into wheeling, camping, hunting and the like. But i didnt experience the pure joy until my wife started going with me and loving it. Its new to her, but shes loving every minute. She purchased the tent and rack for my truck to my suprise and helped jumpstart our adventures.

Cant imagine a better life partner.

Attachments

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
@grubworm It's the quicker picker-upper! You buy her tools to do her work, she might make a funny face. She buys you tools to do your work, and you'll be a happy man for a long time. I guess we men understand that easier, faster work means more playtime afterward.

Men and women run on different types of fuel, I tell ya!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
My wife has always supported our outdoor adventures. In fact, I think she enjoys it more than I do sometimes. I mean, who can't love a woman that gets excited over new mud tires or camp chairs?

"A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies."
--Proverbs 31:10

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I really enjoy extended trips / long distances, before my wife finally agreed to join my trips, I drove from NJ to VA to pick up my buddy then across to Moab and back. Stopping across the country to play disk golf in as many different states as we could, a few National Parks, and camped on top of the Manti-La Sal area for a week during the Easter Jeep Safari.

The wife planned a nice trip last year and we did the full loop around Ireland (in a rental), was about 2 weeks in total but only 1500 miles or so. She had an absolute blast and now doesn't hate roadtrips, so long as there's lots to do along the way. When we got back she wanted to visit friends in FL and actually drive instead of fly! We stopped in Arlington VA to pay respects, Fayetteville NC for a great restaurant we used to love when I was stationed there, Savannah GA for open public drinking :tearsofjoy:, and wheeled around Ocala FL. Now she's already planning us to go back to Ireland for a different route.

381962412_304250608888823_5310445992413191845_n.jpg