Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I have a set of British sand ladders I bought 20 years ago . I could be convinced to sell them . Shipping would be costly.
Hey Michael - wondering how you liked the German sand ladders you have, and why you're willing to part with them now. How were they to use, and how effective?

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
Hey Michael - wondering how you liked the German sand ladders you have, and why you're willing to part with them now. How were they to use, and how effective?
Maxtrax are superior especially in mud or snow. Lighter and easier to mount on the truck. I only used the sand tracks once in sand . The traction surface of the sand track is smooth vs the Maxtrax.

I have a new Land Cruiser now and there is no efficient way to mount the sand tracks.

Reactions: Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Maxtrax are superior especially in mud or snow. Lighter and easier to mount on the truck. I only used the sand tracks once in sand . The traction surface of the sand track is smooth vs the Maxtrax.

I have a new Land Cruiser now and there is no efficient way to mount the sand tracks.
Cool, good info. I wondered about them, having used both my Maxtrax and Traction Jack (El Paso company, by the way, though not in production now from what I can tell) in different situations, but I've never used something like the perforated metal tracks.

I'll keep my ears open for anyone else looking for aluminum tracks and will send them your way.

Thanks for the reply.

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
Cool, good info. I wondered about them, having used both my Maxtrax and Traction Jack (El Paso company, by the way, though not in production now from what I can tell) in different situations, but I've never used something like the perforated metal tracks.

I'll keep my ears open for anyone else looking for aluminum tracks and will send them your way.

Thanks for the reply.
Thank you.

Reactions: Road

kunstmilch

Rank V

Advocate II

Pomona, CA, USA
First Name
Erich
Last Name
Wise
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS call sign: WRFL229
Did you ever get the billet 4x4 ones? I am designing a set of rocksliders that I am planning on integrating sand ladders into as a step/cover that can be removed for ladder use. I have a friend locally who runs an aluminum fabrication business that I have yet to reach out to about this as I will need them to be customized for my design. Curious how this ended up?