Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

A couple of years ago, I bought an ALPS Mountaineering Guide Table from the discount vendor, The Climb. It was on sale for $79 for a table that was normally $150 retail, and $99 most discount places. This table is now available from Amazon for $59.99 with free Prime Shipping.

The top is 22" X 61", and can be adjusted to there heights; 30", 35.5", and 42". It weights about 25 pounds.

[Amazon Link]

It is quick to set up, and very sturdy, especially at the lowest height. The feet swivel to self-level on uneven ground. Here's mine:

whiskeytacos

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Nice setup! I have an REI camp table that I got for like 60 bucks and the retail is well over 100. If it holds my camp stove and leaves me room for a cutting board, I'm into it. I used to cook off my tailgate and having a table improved my overland camping by a billion percent.

Reactions: Steve

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Great table. They are just a bit heavy and take a bit of time to setup. I originally bought mine because I liked that it can sit higher than most standard tables. I'm 6' 5" tall. Maybe I will take mine on my next trip to see if I can fall in love with it again.. :) The table is also sold under the Browning name so you might check pricing on that.

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

A couple of years ago, I bought an ALPS Mountaineering Guide Table from the discount vendor, The Climb. It was on sale for $79 for a table that was normally $150 retail, and $99 most discount places. This table is now available from Amazon for $59.99 with free Prime Shipping.

The top is 22" X 61", and can be adjusted to there heights; 30", 35.5", and 42". It weights about 25 pounds.

[Amazon Link]

It is quick to set up, and very sturdy, especially at the lowest height. The feet swivel to self-level on uneven ground. Here's mine:

I need to pick this up! I have a table for cooking, but this would be awesome for putting appetizers out while tailgating at games, and of course exploring the backcountry! Thank you @Steve for sharing!

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA

[Amazon Link]

Have you had any issues while using the stove on it? That would be my main concern, which is why I am considering a solid different table.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Have you had any issues while using the stove on it?
I haven't used the stove on it, as we haven't taken it on any trips since I got it. Once I get the Hiker Trailer in a few months, It will stay in the trailer and be used more often.

Other reports are that it does not harm the covering. My plans are to use a couple of pieces of leftover bathroom tile under it just to be sure.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

[Amazon Link]

I know I probably won't be able get one of these in the UK without paying a fortune on shipping but I have a question. What are the approximate dimensions when in the storage bag please?

PNWExplore

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bend Oregon
Member #

I have the aluminum roll up version. Used it last week for the first time and was thoroughly impressed with the ease of setup and stability. Search "Alps Mountaineering dining table" on Amazon.
I have the same table and used it for the first time this weekend. Very good purchase!

kennedyma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Member #

I have this table. Used it 2-3 times and it’s great! Used my Coleman two burner on it with out an issue. I love that it has three different heights and goes all the way up to “bar top” height. This allows it to be used for lots of different applications.
Few shots of it in action this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Chadlyb and Jimmy P

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA

[Amazon Link]

Hey Steve, not sure if you use the Plano cases, but I assume this would fit in one? Just looking as space saving options since my current table folds down to 3"x 24"x 24" and doesn't really fit well anywhere. Thanks!

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Hey Steve, not sure if you use the Plano cases, but I assume this would fit in one?
Folded size is 8" X 9" X 31" and the inside bottom of a Plano case is 29" long. It might fit diagonally, but it's raining now, and I don't want to go out and test fit it. Even diagonally, it seems like it would waste space in the case. I'd suggest strapping it to the roof rack if you have one.

Here are some photos of it in use on a recent camping trip. The paved pad was quite sloped, so the three position legs allowed me to get it relatively level.

31924598_1257242381072331_2672609185950072832_o.jpg 31947156_1257242497738986_5686728422949126144_o.jpg 31949743_1257242457738990_446153278493818880_o.jpg DSC_4089-X2.jpg

Liana Lehua

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Liana
Last Name
Lehua
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6WH

[Amazon Link]

Excellent find! Thanks for sharing! Ordering now!

Reactions: Nomadik Nova