Alpine Loop Scenic Byway - Colorado (Tomorrow?)

• HTML tutorial

mfsiemens

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Evening everyone,

I'm staying in Boulder this evening, heading down to Lake City CO tomorrow, and am hoping to do the Alpine Loop between Lake City and Silverton...

Has anyone done it this year? Just trying to get an idea of the condition and time. The route between Lake City and Silverton is about 35mi, and I'm hoping to complete it between noon and 5...

Thoughts? Comments? Please.

Best regards,
Mike

Reactions: Boort

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Evening everyone,

I'm staying in Boulder this evening, heading down to Lake City CO tomorrow, and am hoping to do the Alpine Loop between Lake City and Silverton...

Has anyone done it this year? Just trying to get an idea of the condition and time. The route between Lake City and Silverton is about 35mi, and I'm hoping to complete it between noon and 5...

Thoughts? Comments? Please.

Best regards,
Mike
I drove by it yesterday, and there was a road closed sign on the Ouray end.

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Ah man, what a drag. I was stoked. Thanks for the heads up!
It's a big figure 8. You might be able to get from Lake City to Silverton. They snow plow that trail. It could be open any day. You'll still see some beautiful scenery, even if you don't get through. GO FOR IT!!! :-)

mfsiemens

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

It's a big figure 8. You might be able to get from Lake City to Silverton. They snow plow that trail. It could be open any day. You'll still see some beautiful scenery, even if you don't get through. GO FOR IT!!! :-)
I'll probably give Lake City a call tomorrow and ask. I really want to see it but I'm trying to get to Arches the next day - on a bit of a tight schedule. Doing the million dollar highway would be rad too - just not as rad.

Reactions: Kelly