Alpha 0.8.42 Build Patch Notes

• HTML tutorial
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

softroad.406

Another issues, on the android platform, when i click to look at a thread. The thread will turn white and it wont load.

Reactions: Michael

Retinens803

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ
Another issues, on the android platform, when i click to look at a thread. The thread will turn white and it wont load.
I am finding this on the iOS platform as well. However it doesn’t do it with all threads. Can’t find the difference between those that work and those that don’t.

iPhone 7

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Heyo,
Just wanted to make a slight suggestion about the app. As of late it’s a little hard to navigate for new users, if I was a new user and didn’t have anyone to tell me where to go I wouldn’t have any idea where to go. (This is Mikes daughter, might I add,) Although I don’t know how to fix it, I would suggest on working a tad more on that. Also, on the 7th gen. iPad, iOS 13.1.3 there is still problems with the send buttons. They’ll show up occasionally but most times they aren’t there. The app is doing very well, and please take everything with a grain of salt!! Kudos to all who are working on it, programming is hard and tedious, even with rubber ducks!
-Kat-Tastrophy

S

softroad.406

I am finding this on the iOS platform as well. However it doesn’t do it with all threads. Can’t find the difference between those that work and those that don’t.

iPhone 7
Same, certain threads work, while others wont load

bdsinclair

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Beaumont, Alberta, Canada
Member #

Hi Michael,

I have both Ios and Android,
- Ios IPad mini 2 running Ios 9.3.5:
- Won't load it just crashes, I've tried a soft and hard reboot nothing works
- Android Tab A 8.0" 2019 Model sm-t290 running Android version 9:
- All the threads are wrap text and are not holding the format IE your first post
- No pictures are in the thread, I can see them on the web based forum
- Hyperlinks for members in thread take you to the actual website ( I'm guessing this is by design for now )

Thanks,

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Here's a small bug I just found.

The last option that was chosen from All posts, watched or read later at the top of the forum page remains selected when we navigate off the forum page and back from another option.

Example.

From the home page, go to forum.
Choose "watched" at the top.
Go to "By Category"
Scroll down an choose OB Support. You see 0.9 alpha, it says there is 3 threads.
Select it. The watched filter is still active and you only see the threads you follow or a blank page if you follow none in that forum.
Great catch! I also noticed if you de-select all the watched threads and go back to the "Feed" there is nothing there!

Bug entered!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

iPhone 7
Lets see if it happens in the latest build. Uploading soon. If it does, let me know which thread or post causes it and we will diagnose. Thank you!

M

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Heyo,
Just wanted to make a slight suggestion about the app. As of late it’s a little hard to navigate for new users, if I was a new user and didn’t have anyone to tell me where to go I wouldn’t have any idea where to go. (This is Mikes daughter, might I add,) Although I don’t know how to fix it, I would suggest on working a tad more on that. Also, on the 7th gen. iPad, iOS 13.1.3 there is still problems with the send buttons. They’ll show up occasionally but most times they aren’t there. The app is doing very well, and please take everything with a grain of salt!! Kudos to all who are working on it, programming is hard and tedious, even with rubber ducks!
-Kat-Tastrophy
Hahaha! Thank you Kat! Much appreciated! Would you make the "Category Tab" first instead of the "Feed"? Other suggestions to make it more clear? Thank you!

M

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi Michael,

I have both Ios and Android,
- Ios IPad mini 2 running Ios 9.3.5:
- Won't load it just crashes, I've tried a soft and hard reboot nothing works
- Android Tab A 8.0" 2019 Model sm-t290 running Android version 9:
- All the threads are wrap text and are not holding the format IE your first post
- No pictures are in the thread, I can see them on the web based forum
- Hyperlinks for members in thread take you to the actual website ( I'm guessing this is by design for now )

Thanks,
Thank you!

I think it may be fixed in latest build. Lets see!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Conversation locked!

Please tranfer discussion to new build after updating your version!

Thank you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.