Launch Member

Member I

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Lyndon
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Hello from Hawaii! I've grown up camping, but would consider myself a novice overlander. I bought my 2018 Toyota 4Runner brand a couple years ago and was always hesitant on joining Overland Bound since I often feel like I can't freely explore here being on an island. It is paradise nonetheless and try to get out as much as I can.

I'm in the Air Force and relocating to Northern California in a few months, so I figured why not join and get a feel and learn some new things.

I've been a part of car forums before, but really like the idea that it doesn't matter what you drive on here. Looking forward to meet, learn and contribute on here!

DSC01380-1.jpg

Marco Escalante

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Patterson, Ca
First Name
Marco
Last Name
Escalante
Member #

Aloha ’oe i ko California. Not Hawai’i, but a lot of beautiful places and some pretty darn good people too.

Reactions: avornr

avornr

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Lyndon
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Aloha ’oe i ko California. Not Hawai’i, but a lot of beautiful places and some pretty darn good people too.
I grew up from California and am excited to go back. I never grew up with a 4x4 and explored, mostly camped at very public campgrounds. It makes me stoked to experience home but in a new way!

Reactions: Gsxrdoc

maelao

Rank 0

Contributor I

USA
First Name
Maela
Last Name
Oanez
Hello! I dream about visiting Hawaii, hope next year I'll be able to get there

Enthusiast III

Magnolia, Texas, USA
First Name
Thad
Last Name
A.
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD5TZF
Welcome! Love Hawaii and cant wait to get back with my Jeep. Also hope to see California some time too. Hope you enjoy your time here and meet and make some new friends.

avornr

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Lyndon
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Welcome! Love Hawaii and cant wait to get back with my Jeep. Also hope to see California some time too. Hope you enjoy your time here and meet and make some new friends.
Thanks! Sounds like you used to live here? I’m sure I will enjoy my time here, I am liking what the community represents so far from what I’ve seen.