Allegheny National Forest summer ride..

• HTML tutorial

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

I think this will be postponed. I just made the executive decision to go to the M & G next weekend. Sorry guys. Someone else can take the lead though. Also, I heard the gates are closed for hunting seasons. Soooo.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I think this will be postponed. I just made the executive decision to go to the M & G next weekend. Sorry guys. Someone else can take the lead though. Also, I heard the gates are closed for hunting seasons. Soooo.
Hmmm.. That’s odd since they open gates in State Forests starting 09/29.

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

ha.. I was told they close them for hunting..A coworker said he camps during the summer months and he can get further into woods because gates were open.. This is between Kinzua dam and Cooks forest areas..

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Hey Guys,, I guess the ANF fizzled out eh? I was up there 15 or so years ago and became completely disenchanted with the area. Way too many gates, and no through trails as it is all cut up with private property, oil wells, gas wells, ATV trails and well, it just wasn't worth the trip up. It's sad what has been allowed to happen to the ANF. And besides all that, its not even really in the Alleghenys. It was and still is a major disappointment. I think the same may be true of the Adirondack NF. I've only driven through there on the northway but don't dare to go up in my rig with all our gear only to be disappointed again.. Any thoughts from you upstate guys?