Launch Member

Enthusiast II

SF Bay Area, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Alsterlind
Member #

looking to take my elementary school boys on outdoor adventures in the west this summer, OB seems like a good place to network with the like minded.
Rig is a ‘17 tundra 4X covered in racks and decked bed drawer system.
I’ve got a military trailer that is covered in racks too for when I really want to bring all the toys.
We are in Marin County just north of San Fran.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Nice setup Jeff! I'm from SF myself. I see a lot of possibilities with your racks.

rsweet

Rank V

Member III

Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Sweet
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IHR
Nice Jeff...was looking to go dove hunting in September in Lincoln...yours reminds me of mine...What roof rack is that? What did you use for bed rack? I am using Leitner Designs with a Decked system and Alu-Cab expedition III tent.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
looking to take my elementary school boys on outdoor adventures in the west this summer, OB seems like a good place to network with the like minded.
I’ve got a military trailer that is covered in racks too for when I really want to bring all the toys.
View attachment 106581
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative, @Magic Mike or me, you Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: Jeff Alsterlind

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

View attachment 106581
Hey Jeff, we are an-Ex-Bay-area peoples. The Mrs., & I have explored 1000's of miles in CA., - YOU, have to plan, even in dispersed areas! Within 2 Hours North, you can be in the Sonoma Mtn's near the coast, almost never visited - because, it's not on the highway. 2 Hours East put's you in the Delta, During Strip-bass fishing season, Good Luck. 2 Hours South east, Hollister Hills area, or West south of Santa Cruz. We camped lots in Scotts Creek, but it's a hike in. We found several spots between Santa Cruz and Seaside - where we could crash, for a night... If you want a trip and have never been to Lassen, or Mt. Shasta - both are worth it. Fishing on the Cloud, takes time, but pays well. . . If you want an-adventurer, GO North to Bend, OR - Then East to Boise, Then S.W to Winnemucca, NV back west to Reno, then southwest to South Lake Tahoe, then back to Marin. BINGO! DG

Jeff Alsterlind

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

SF Bay Area, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Alsterlind
Member #

Nice Jeff...was looking to go dove hunting in September in Lincoln...yours reminds me of mine...What roof rack is that? What did you use for bed rack? I am using Leitner Designs with a Decked system and Alu-Cab expedition III tent.

View attachment 106597View attachment 106598
Nice rig. I’ve been eying that tent but I think I need more space. The bed rack was made by Bay Area Metal Fabrication specifically for the crewmax.
The roof rack is front runner. It requires drilling close to air bags so not for the faint of heart.

Last edited:

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

home of mountain biking
our local bike shop sells Marin Bikes

you need to come to Nakusp, BC !!
Home of Sufferfest & valley of the hot springs

Brent-at-shop.jpg

Last edited:

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Welcome from the PNW. You have a very solid base there. Now just ask the kids what they want to see.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 106581

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

We will be having a meet-up in Santa Rosa this summer, you will receive an invite from the forum when it is scheduled.

Jeff Alsterlind

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

SF Bay Area, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Alsterlind
Member #

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

We will be having a meet-up in Santa Rosa this summer, you will receive an invite from the forum when it is scheduled.
Santa Rosa meet-up sound great. Thanks!