First Name
Ty
Last Name
Chamberlain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE6HHJ
Hey all.

I'm pretty new to OB, wondering if there are any meets or active members in Alberta and BC.

The only one I know about is @410expedition.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

xcoburn

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cold Lake, Alberta
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Coburn
Member #

Service Branch
RCAF
I've tried to do a meet once before, but no one was available.
I'm up in Cold Lake, so normally need a bit of notice and planning ahead of time, but I'm down for a meet sometime this summer!

The guys in AXE (Alberta Xterra Enthusiasts) are usually up for a meet too. @15Canyon and @davis_664 are both in Edmonton... not sure about who else is out there.

xcoburn

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cold Lake, Alberta
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Coburn
Member #

Service Branch
RCAF
Sounds good! Maybe a quick and easy camp site? I can't be doing much with my rig right now, my tires will probably explode lol
due for some new ones, just shopping around for options at the moment.

Did you have any ideas for a meet?

xcoburn

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cold Lake, Alberta
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Coburn
Member #

Service Branch
RCAF
I wanted to check out that trail, but I don't think full size 4x4's are permitted to use it. ATV's, skis, horses and such are allowed, but it doesn't say trucks. I'd hate to be "that guy".
There are plenty of trails and crown land, but nothing that I know of is mapped or maintained. I'm trying to get some info on local trails but it's hard since everyone here is all about mud and being an ass :laughing:

Most of the good routes are closer to Edmonton or the Rockies.

Reactions: Carnivore

15Canyon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Edmonton
Member #

I'd love to once I'm back in Edmonton, I'll be gone until the 20th or so due to various trips, but after that for sure!

Carnivore

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Blue Quill, Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
JPD
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Infantry vet. 88-03
Sweet, we should look into setting something up in a month or so. If any one wants to chime in on some dates I'll organize the heck out of that. @15Canyon @davis_664 @rcafcoburn
As for us, I just started a new position at work so my schedule is kinda wonky (4 days on/4 days off/4 nights on and repeat lol)

As for location, we usually hit the Forestry Trunk Rd near Robb/Cadomin areas (about a 3-4 hour drive for us), but with my back issues, once we find a quiet crown land spot, we call it home for a few days :D

So we try to work with everyone else's schedule because mine is so weird. Then hopefully everything syncs up hahaha

John

Trotter

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Calgary, AB, Canada
First Name
Ty
Last Name
Chamberlain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE6HHJ
Awesome guys sounds good to me. I used to go down the Robb road all the time for work. I'm a little familiar with it. Can't wait to call a little patch of crown land home for a night or two.

Some time at the start of June sound good?

Any one planning on going to the @410expedition trail run?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Carnivore

Carnivore

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Blue Quill, Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
JPD
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Infantry vet. 88-03
Sadly we personally can't commit to any specific dates just yet, with work and all. Well, until I know how the paydays are going to look anyway hahaha.

Hadn't seen the 410 run posted yet, but I'm not online for more than a few minutes at a time lately.