Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Jareth
Last Name
Sweazea
Hi everyone! I’m new to OB and the Albany area. My deal with myself when I moved to the east coast was to get outdoors more often. Work consumed my life in my last city and I don’t want that to happen again. I have a 2014 Cherokee 4X4 with some new AT tires. I’m looking for some short and easy trails to learn how to drive off-road. If anyone has any suggestions or wants to go out let me know. Thanks!

Traveler I

Newport News VA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Byerly
Member #

Hey did you notice there’s a thread right before (a couple hours maybe) yours about someone else in the Albany area that is new to the page? Take a look. Maybe that’s a good starting point.

Jareth89

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Jareth
Last Name
Sweazea
Hey did you notice there’s a thread right before (a couple hours maybe) yours about someone else in the Albany area that is new to the page? Take a look. Maybe that’s a good starting point.
Yeah I replied to that one as well as make this post. I’m just really eager to start learning and exploring.

Reactions: DirtPoorOverland

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
Iv taken my cherokee all over the place. It’s amazing what these vehicles can do. It’s s great vehicle to get into overlanding and exploring. There’s nothing so far that has stopped me. But back to your question. I’m not from the the Albany area but New Hampshire has loads of dirt roads and back roads to explore. Vermont has some great dirt roads aswell. That might give you a little introduction to the Offroad life.

If you have any questions about modifications. I can steer you in the right direction

Reactions: Jareth89

Jareth89

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Jareth
Last Name
Sweazea
Iv taken my cherokee all over the place. It’s amazing what these vehicles can do. It’s s great vehicle to get into overlanding and exploring. There’s nothing so far that has stopped me. But back to your question. I’m not from the the Albany area but New Hampshire has loads of dirt roads and back roads to explore. Vermont has some great dirt roads aswell. That might give you a little introduction to the Offroad life.

If you have any questions about modifications. I can steer you in the right direction
What would you suggest for my first few mods? The only thing I’ve done is get some new tires. I want to make sure my rig is safe since I’ll be exploring with my wife and 2 dogs.

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
What would you suggest for my first few mods? The only thing I’ve done is get some new tires. I want to make sure my rig is safe since I’ll be exploring with my wife and 2 dogs.
It depends on what you want to do. One thing I will always suggest is a little under body protection. I’m pretty sure all the trailhawk skid plates will bolt onto your trim level jeep. There is also a company called “rocky road outfitters”. They make rock sliders which go underneath your doors. The amount of times these things have saved my doors makes them worth their weight in gold. I think the biggest thing I can suggest is to get out and get some dirt under your tires. See how the jeep handles. That should give you a good idea of what you want to do with the jeep. It will show you where the weak points are so that you can improve on.
I can also suggest the “hazard sky lift”. It’s basically just spacers. It’s only about 100 bucks for 1.5 inches of lift. It’s not a whole lot but with these jeeps limited ground clearance, every inch counts.
You made the right decision on getting better tires

Jeremyv

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Lake George NY
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Vanier
Check out MFC for your Cherokee as well. They do lifts and everything for the new cherokees. BTW welcome from Queensbury. I don’t get out as much as I would like either. Life has a way of doing that. Check around lake George for some trails. There aren’t much but there are some!

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
Check out MFC for your Cherokee as well. They do lifts and everything for the new cherokees. BTW welcome from Queensbury. I don’t get out as much as I would like either. Life has a way of doing that. Check around lake George for some trails. There aren’t much but there are some!
There’s trails near lake George?

Mfc is good too. I have A pillar light mounts and the 6 switch power distribution center from
Mfc

Jeremyv

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Lake George NY
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Vanier
I haven’t been on them in a while but yes. Lake Luzern has some as well. Now I just need to try and remember where exactly they are . Haha I was meaning to do some scouting this fall but time got ahead of me.

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
I haven’t been on them in a while but yes. Lake Luzern has some as well. Now I just need to try and remember where exactly they are . Haha I was meaning to do some scouting this fall but time got ahead of me.
I did work up there a couple months near Indian lake. We stayed in lake George for a couple nights. Really nice area. I’d love to explore it more

Traveler I

Newport News VA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Byerly
Member #

Hey guys. So I’m actually from VA, just up here visiting for a couple months. I did get out to Lake George to do some scouting. The trails are still covered in snow and labeled as “snowmobiles only” but there are some out there. Had heard rumors so scoured the area on a topo on Gaia and went looking.

I don’t know if I can attach files to this but I do have GPS coordinates of where the trails are.

43.73191, -73.56469

Will be looking into the Lake Luzerne trails in the coming weeks.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Hi everyone! I’m new to OB and the Albany area. My deal with myself when I moved to the east coast was to get outdoors more often. Work consumed my life in my last city and I don’t want that to happen again. I have a 2014 Cherokee 4X4 with some new AT tires. I’m looking for some short and easy trails to learn how to drive off-road. If anyone has any suggestions or wants to go out let me know. Thanks!
Welcome, to this great site! I lived South of Albany, in Round Lake, many years ago! Can’t help with ideas on where to wheel, but wanted to say hello! Vance.