Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Day 3 was a short drive from Crooked River camp to Dawson City visiting the Alaska Hwy museum, get the photo at the start of the Alaska Hwy and to camp next to and see the historic Kiskatinaw River Bridge. This is a short side trip off the Highway to see and drive across the curved wooden structure.
7-23 1b.jpg
Above photo taken by Heather Berge.
7-23 morning drive-3.jpg
Alaskan Hwy sign.jpg
7-23 Bridge-3.jpg
7-23 Bridge-4.jpg
7-23 Bridge-4a.jpg

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Day 4 was a rainy mess. Waking up to rain drops on the RTT it was quick morning breakfast and pack then off to Fort Nelson. It rained the entire day and it was decided that a room might one a good idea as everywhere we stopped it was a muddy mess. Made a reservation at a place next to Muncho Lake and wouldn't you know it as we pulled into the drive the rain quilt. Oh well this might be the last bed and good shower for a while as tomorrow we'll get to Watson Lake and the Sign Forest then the Dempster.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_43e.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_54b.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_54a.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_462.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_550.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_413.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_415.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_554.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_45b.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_556.jpg

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
Are you going to take the Robert Campbell Highway headed to the Dempster? Much nicer drive than the Alcan more scenery and mostly dirt. If you go that way stop in Faro. They have a great liquor store if you to resupply. The visitors center is really good.

Reactions: Terry Pickens

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Day 5 kept heading north to Watson Lake and the Sign Post Forest. Turned north on Highway 4, The John Cambell Highway to the next camp site up near Ross River.
7-25-3.jpg
7-25-5.jpg
7-25-6.jpg
7-25-8.jpg
7-25-111.jpg
7-25-112.jpg

Reactions: CTO1Mike

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Ask any questions, I’ll try to help out. I’m going back with my son and his family in 2021. Complete trip posts have been placed in my blog linked in my signature.