Launch Member

Member III

Visalia, California
First Name
Arlee
Last Name
Altamirano
Member #

Thinking of heading out there next weekend, can anyone confirm that it has reopened to dispersed camping. And are wood fires allowed right now?

backcountrymedic

Rank III

Traveler III

Monterey, CA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Apperson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4DMB
I’m looking at the site right now, and I don’t see anything saying that it’s closed. But then again, nothing obviously pointing out that it’s open. I’m planning to head there this weekend for my first time.

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

I was out there on Monday. It is open and people are setting up camp there however BLM outdoor fire restrictions are still in effect for all sources of fire including open camp stoves. Folks with kitchens in their campers or RV's should have no issue but everyone else will need to pickup pizza or similar from local restaurants if you want a hot dinner.

SoCalDom

Rank IV

Traveler III

Thousand Oaks
First Name
Dominik
Last Name
Neumann
Member #

I’m also thinking about going to the Alabama Hills this Saturday to do a little exploring. I do believe that it is open to disbursed camping. That is what I plan to do. Not sure about campfires and open flames though. I’ll be bringing my stove but will also be ready to have some pizza if necessary.

Last edited: