AirRaid Modular Intake Tubes - Any experience?

• HTML tutorial

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
Does anyone have any experience with the modular intake tubes from AirRaid? Curious what the benefits are, if any, other than cleaning up and streamlining the intake tube while maintaining the stock air box.

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
No experience with that brand but you mostly looking at looking better under hood and possibly smoother airflow to the engine and better throttle response if it was engineered correctly.
From the reviews, this is all I've found to be true. No one has mentioned anything about the possibility cooler air temps, which is my primary reason for looking at this. I cant imagine it'd be much different, but with a more direct path and less material, I figure the air has less time to heat up whereas the resonator box on my intake now may allow a little more heat transfer. Not much, but enough that I want to try something to lower temps for better performance.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Try a snorkel they have more benefits than being able to cross water and looking cool, they also lower air temp allow more air flow(some of that forced), you dont have to clean your filter as often unless your in a particularly dusty area, when sitting in traffic your not sucking in the exhaust of the guy in front of you. Is your air filter old and dirty? Is the iat sensor old? If not only other way to get cooler air i can think of is to move the intake tube coming from the air box to a better location(duct it right behind grill) or use a hood scoop.