Air Lift Suspension on a 200-Series LC - Where to find an installer?

• HTML tutorial

danrhiggins

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, co
Member #

I just watched Michael's video on installing air helper bags into the suspension on his truck. I would love to do the same thing on my 2016 Land Cruiser which has a ~2" ARB/OME lift (taller springs, shocks, different UCA). I think I found the correct size Firestone air bags.

The air bags are not for any more lift. Rather to stiffen the suspension a bit when I am towing.

The real question for me is, "Where can I find a reputable, experienced, qualified installer that won't mess up my lift that is within a day's driving distance of Denver?" The excellent group that did my lift doesn't want to do an air bag suspension helper install. My Toyota dealer doesn't do them either. How do I find someone in my area that I can trust?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
Before you spend the money be forewarned that the bags may severely limit your suspension travel with their jounce bumpers. I’m removing mine I installed last summer. The ride is brutal and just not worth it in my book.

danrhiggins

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, co
Member #

Interesting. Hadn't heard that. The guys I know who have them run them at 5 PSI when not towing. I'm not familiar with the jounce bumpers but I they must not be the bump stops as those are removed during install, right?

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
There are jounce bumpers in the bags. Look into the travel with the bags before they contact the jounce bumpers befor you buy. On mine it is severely limited.