Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

I was looking but never find anything sub forum that talks about battery charging.
So I have Nissan XD with two AGM in parallel circuit and I'm looking to add a charging controller that will take from regulated Solar panels (Rockpals) and will regulatory charge battery as I will need . I can't find such controller as almost of the from Aus are need unregulated sin signal. I don't want another set of Solar panels just to change auto battery. Any ideas?

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Why not bypass the regulator on the Rockpals and go through a typical charge controller? The charge controller will do the same thing, and the nicer ones (though still rather inexpensive, like the Victron 75 10) often have bluetooth so you can monitor and control from your phone or tablet.

>> Most likely, depending on which Rockpal panels you have, that the "regulator" is already doing what you need and you can hook to your Nissan with no problem. The regulator is there to ensure the panels do not overcharge the battery.

What do you use your Rockpal panels for now, a portable battery pack or batteries in a trailer?