Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
I have two AGM Batteries I don’t know much about them. How would I set them up to be my AUX Batteries what type of charger do I use. They were given to me and they have a charge of 9.2. Thanks in Advance

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I have two AGM Batteries I don’t know much about them. How would I set them up to be my AUX Batteries what type of charger do I use. They were given to me and they have a charge of 9.2. Thanks in Advance
9.2 doesn't sound good...might be why they were given away? Hopefully they still have some life in them. I just bought a 100ah AGM battery this week to go in my camper, got it on Amazon for $160, so they are not too expensive, especially when compared to lithium batteries of the same capacity. If the batteries are just sitting and not being used, you can get a battery minder for $30 (also on amazon) that will monitor the battery and trickle charge it while not in use, then just use a regular charger to charge them or solar if you are planning on using panels to charge the batteries during the day when out camping.