Advocate III

vancouver, b.c., canada
First Name
jeff
Last Name
ross
Member #

hey everyone!

i have an AEV gas caddy and wondered if anyone out there that has this knows how to clean it out. anything carrying fuel, especially when it is used to transfer, can get residue?...or dirt accumulated at the bottom. all i want to know is if a product is available or any tips on making sure the caddy can be cleaned out for future use.

many thanks in advance, jeff

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

hey everyone!

i have an AEV gas caddy and wondered if anyone out there that has this knows how to clean it out. anything carrying fuel, especially when it is used to transfer, can get residue?...or dirt accumulated at the bottom. all i want to know is if a product is available or any tips on making sure the caddy can be cleaned out for future use.

many thanks in advance, jeff

Just make sure and try to keep a screen or something over the fill when filling it up. At work we have probably 20 fuel cans of different kinds, we never clean them and never have issues and we are using the fuel in everything from Stihl products to $75k Skid Steers. My suggestion, if you're worried about it is to dump it all the way out occasionally and then put in a couple quarts of fresh, clean gas, shake it up and then dispose of it.

jeffs blackjeep

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

vancouver, b.c., canada
First Name
jeff
Last Name
ross
Member #

Just make sure and try to keep a screen or something over the fill when filling it up. At work we have probably 20 fuel cans of different kinds, we never clean them and never have issues and we are using the fuel in everything from Stihl products to $75k Skid Steers. My suggestion, if you're worried about it is to dump it all the way out occasionally and then put in a couple quarts of fresh, clean gas, shake it up and then dispose of it.
many thanks!!!