• HTML tutorial

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

Show us your terminals please.

I've been looking for a set of aftermarket battery terminals for a while now and haven't found anything that's perfect for what I want. Some have come close, but I'm a bit picky. Can you post up a pic of what you're using along with where you got them?

Right now we have our winch, starter, 4g wires going to our relay/fuse panel, and HID headlights bolted onto the same post, not an ideal situation. We're just about to add 4g wires going to our second battery, adding to the mess.

Like I said, I'm picky. This is what I want;

On each terminal; two-four separate 5/16" posts, a cover/boot that will protect the positive side, and it should be compact and made of a solid block of material.

What I don't want are the "push the cable in and tighten down the screw" type.

Can ya help us out? battery terminals.JPG

Excursioner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, Oregon
First Name
Ex
Last Name
Cursioner
Member #

Wanderlost, I am running front and rear winches on my Excusrion that land on a single 300Amp bussbar with positive leads going to the battery from there. Then I run all other accessories like lights front/rear, solar panel interface, air compressor and all my charge ports off of this one BlueSea Safety Hub 150. It is awesome! It is about $110 bucks and will pretty much cover everything you might need.

Attachments

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

Honestly I dont see a particularly huge problem with what you've got...........

I mean, it's not show-worthy or anything, but I dont see why it is less technically-functional than a distribution block?

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

Show us your terminals please.

I've been looking for a set of aftermarket battery terminals for a while now and haven't found anything that's perfect for what I want. Some have come close, but I'm a bit picky. Can you post up a pic of what you're using along with where you got them?

Right now we have our winch, starter, 4g wires going to our relay/fuse panel, and HID headlights bolted onto the same post, not an ideal situation. We're just about to add 4g wires going to our second battery, adding to the mess.

Like I said, I'm picky. This is what I want;

On each terminal; two-four separate 5/16" posts, a cover/boot that will protect the positive side, and it should be compact and made of a solid block of material.

What I don't want are the "push the cable in and tighten down the screw" type.

Can ya help us out? View attachment 83688
These look interesting from Voodoo Car Audio:

Or these:

I think I know where you're going with this Wanderlost, something approaching OCD where everything needs to look neat and organized. I find it easier to track down problems it all is orderly to start with.
I liked your video about the dual battery and have looked into Redarc for my FJ since watching. Keep up the good work.....

Last edited:

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
Have you looked at the military type terminals?

They do not have four 5/16" posts, but you do have two sides of a 5/16" bolt and two sides of a 3/8" bolt, and they can be had with insulated covers.

Here is a link to an example of them: Military Terminals on Amazon

There is another way to achieve your objective and that is with a terminal block. I run a block like this on my dually to manage the dual batteries, winch and other stuff: 4 post battery terminal block on Amazon

Note that particular terminal block uses 3/8" studs. I don't know if you can get one with 5/16" studs or not. A good crimp tool can solve that problem though.

Reactions: Wanderlost

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Have you looked at the military type terminals?

They do not have four 5/16" posts, but you do have two sides of a 5/16" bolt and two sides of a 3/8" bolt, and they can be had with insulated covers.

Here is a link to an example of them: Military Terminals on Amazon

There is another way to achieve your objective and that is with a terminal block. I run a block like this on my dually to manage the dual batteries, winch and other stuff: 4 post battery terminal block on Amazon

Note that particular terminal block uses 3/8" studs. I don't know if you can get one with 5/16" studs or not. A good crimp tool can solve that problem though.
Side terminal batteries are more challenging than the older style top poet's for add-ons. A further complication is that dual (side/top) batteries lack the CCA's we diesel engine owners need. Gasoline engines can skirt this limitation by not needing as much power reserve, that these batteries give up in their design.
All dual post batteries I have come across have been in the smaller GROUP SIZE cases.