Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Salmon Creek, WA, USA
First Name
Reed
Last Name
Starkey
Member #

There are plenty of DIY products like SPOD, but far less expensive. I run the Appolointec unit and it makes life easy and clean. They come in 4 and 6 switch and the units are universal enough you can run them on anything. This just happens to be mounted in a JKU.

Just looked up the SPOD units and they are pretty sweet! For switches though I went with something a little more...custom haha My little aluminum 4 switch panel.IMG_3356.JPG

Reactions: DennyD

WrongTurn

Rank II

Enthusiast III

DRC
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Allen
Can you start a build thread for those of us that wanna follow along? I like the old rigs. 2 of my rigs are 30 years old.

Reactions: stark-in-the-wild

stark-in-the-wild

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Salmon Creek, WA, USA
First Name
Reed
Last Name
Starkey
Member #

Can you start a build thread for those of us that wanna follow along? I like the old rigs. 2 of my rigs are 30 years old.
Yeah! Ill try to start one this weekend. Ill be honest though working on it has been slow going. I have my high school car (67 Mustang) that is less of a budget build that is in need of some loving. All this to say updates will be fairly slow but Ill post the link here once I get one going!

What are your older rigs?

DennyD

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Windsor, WI, USA
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
Dobson
Member #

This is my weekend project. I built the relay box last weekend and started installing today. So far the install is going well. Not bad for an old tool box. It fit perfectly behind the washer reservoir on my JK. Just need to wire in one more circuit and clean up the wiring tomorrow.

Attachments

DennyD

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Windsor, WI, USA
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
Dobson
Member #

Finished product turned out pretty good. 7 accessories total. 5 are on relays and 2 on fuses. Everything going into the cab of my Jeep is a dead/grounded wire except the CB (the rear E locker is fused as well). I removed several feet of Hot wires from the cab and engine bay by "negative switching" the relays. All accessory lighting is on relays. (Pods, rock lights, amber trail lights, scene lights and KC driving lights) Still not completely happy with the amount of wires on the drivers side of the engine bay, but atleast they are seperated from my Jeep's electrical system by a 100amp breaker.

Attachments