Adventure Overland show September 27-29th.

• HTML tutorial

Peejay7

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

UK
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Jennison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Loulouoverland
Just over a month away and is usually a good finale to the show season.

Held the Stratford upon Avon racecourse.

Who's going? Is there already a planned meet that I cant find details of?

Paul and Anita. #Loulouoverland

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Hey guys there has not been an official meet planned for this one but I can certainly set it up.
A few members are going including Andrew Healey but we wont be able to make this one sadly.

I did ask how many members were going and if those that were attending wanted me to set something up regarding an OB Area etc.
All I need is an idea of numbers and someone who is willing to "manage" it as I'm not there and I will happily set it up including getting some merch from OB HQ.

Its a great chance for those members that can make it to get together and I believe it is the better of the two shows!

Peejay7

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

UK
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Jennison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Loulouoverland
Thanks Dave, I know Andy is going but not sure of who else.
I'm happy to as you say "manage" as we always attend this show from its inception.
If you can create the event as I'm not able to I believe.

And yes it is the better of the 2 shows as it's been going a few years now whereas the Spring show is only in its 2nd year.

Peejay7

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

UK
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Jennison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Loulouoverland
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it.
If there is anything that you need me to do let me know.

It's a shame you can't get there though, but it is a long old haul for a weekend.

Peejay7

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

UK
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Jennison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Loulouoverland
Hoping to make the show as not been to the AOS before! hopefully the 110 will be ready!
Be great to see you there. It's a good show, plenty to see and a really friendly atmosphere.

Reactions: Aaron Boyer

Aaron Boyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Carlisle, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Boyer
Member #

Be great to see you there. It's a good show, plenty to see and a really friendly atmosphere.
Can't wait to see the variety of overland Rigs and get plenty of inspiration for my 110 as I'm not quite sure on the setup for it yet, whether to keep the back and middle seperate with dog guard or have a camper type setup full length so we can sleep inside of need be and weather is too rough to raise the roof tent

Peejay7

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

UK
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Jennison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Loulouoverland
Can't wait to see the variety of overland Rigs and get plenty of inspiration for my 110 as I'm not quite sure on the setup for it yet, whether to keep the back and middle seperate with dog guard or have a camper type setup full length so we can sleep inside of need be and weather is too rough to raise the roof tent
Theres always plenty to see either on display or just in the campsite, loads of inspiration to be had.
Every time we think we've found the ideal set up we see something different to make us think, that's the fun of it!

Reactions: Aaron Boyer

Aaron Boyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Carlisle, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Boyer
Member #

Theres always plenty to see either on display or just in the campsite, loads of inspiration to be had.
Every time we think we've found the ideal set up we see something different to make us think, that's the fun of it!
I'm sure it will keep changing here too ! however first things first is to have the chassis fully treated so she'll last

Reactions: Peejay7

Peejay7

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

UK
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Jennison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Loulouoverland
For those members attending the Adventure Overland show later this month and wanting to set up on the club site, there is the opportunity to camp and enter the show with a complimentary pass in exchange for one hours marshalling each day (Saturday and Sunday) please read the below and email Tom with the information he needs to facilitate this.

Regarding the Marshals, I will need a list of names/postcodes of those participating in order that they can collect their complimentary passes at Check-in upon arrival at the racecourse.

Remember …

Each camping unit (this being a tent, caravan of sleeping in/on the vehicle) requires a Camping Permit @ £20, covering up to 3 nights Fri-Sun.

Each person then requires a a 2-day Adult Admission Ticket @ £30 each, covering Sat & Sun.

Each Marshal therefore will be eligible for a complimentary Camping Permit and a complimentary 2-day Adult Admission Ticket.

If a Marshal’s wife/girlfriend/mate arrives with the Marshal, he/she will have to pay £30 for a 2-day Adult Admission Ticket … unless they also want to be a Marshal, in which case they will also qualify for a complimentary 2-day Adult Admission Ticket.

This way each member can decide for themselves either to volunteer as a Marshal (just one hour per day Sat & Sun), or pay in the normal way. Their choice entirely.

Trust all this makes sense!

All this is because in the past you will get one genuine Marshal arrive with two or three passengers, and they all expected free tickets, yet they wouldn’t lift a finger all weekend, and had no intention of doing so from the start. In life you’ll always get bad apples, I have to make sure they don’t ruin the whole barrel and spoil it for others!

So … a list of names please. These will corresponded with the Marshal’s rota where your members will chose and enter on the board which Marshal’s task they would like to undertake and on what day & time. This way those who volunteer will know exactly their roles and when they are required.
Phew!

Cheers,

Tom Mc

Tom McGuigan

Off Road UK

Mobile: 07958 216266

Email: 4x4trading@talk21.com