Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I saw a pic of a members rear mounted gear, with a standard cable lock loosely run through and thought I would throw this out there. These little master-locks come in various cable widths, are adjustable, and can be daisy chained for more length if needed. I got one when I bought a nicer mnt bike, but have used it for all sorts of things, in addition to my heavier 1/2" cables.
PS yeti coolers sell these to go along with their coolers at a good mark up.

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

I have them locking down everything including my RTT, and roof mounted LED light bar. They are all tight under the factory roof rack and RTT so getting bolt cutters in there would not be easy. I also have them for my rack mounted recovery boards, and gas can. These are the light weight cables and could be easily cut with bolt cutters., It also keeps those items in place and those thinking there may be an opportunity thief will keep them safe, well until someone shows up with real bolt cutters. Those items typically I will be close by my rig anyway, or so I hope. The only thing I would do different is get them in the bulk deal so they would all be keyed alike, which mine are not. To secure the RTT and light bar I added a eye hooks and ran the cable through that. Once the cable is tighten down you can not unscrew the eye bolt.