Rank II

Enthusiast I

Haysville, KS, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Hill
Member #

I have order seat covers from Wet Okole, and I added the seat heaters. Unfortunately they have those stupid cigarette lighter plugs on the end of each seat heater.

I have a fuse/relay block I could wire these things into and avoid the stupid cigarette plugs. Is there any reason I should not just snip the wires and run my own switches and fuses to them?

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
Without a doubt I would cut the 12v socket off and hardwire the seat heaters. It would be more electrically efficient hardwired than going through the 12v socket. The only caveat is you will have to remember to turn them off if the additional fuse panel is always on.

I hope your experience with Wet Okole seats is better than mine. After 3 years, 50k miles and annual shampoo/conditioner treatment the color has worn away and the piping has ripped.
1642092185467.png

Last edited:
Reactions: underdog493

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
If they were mine, you bet I would hard wire them. I would also make sure the power source turned off with the ignition. Kinda suck to have a dead battery after you came back from a couple hour hike.

Reactions: underdog493

underdog493

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Haysville, KS, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Hill
Member #

Without a doubt I would cut the 12v socket off and hardwire the seat heaters. It would be more electrically efficient hardwired than going through the 12v socket. The only caveat is you will have to remember to turn them off if the additional fuse panel is always on.

I hope your experience with Wet Okole seats is better than mine. After 3 years, 50k miles and annual shampoo/conditioner treatment the color has worn away and the piping has ripped.
View attachment 220318
I had a set of them in another truck, maybe 20,000 miles on the seat covers before I sold the truck. I’m hoping they last longer than that!