Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Neat idea! Is this 120v or 12v with an internal inverter?
Not all the chargers are available in 12v, so I had to go with an inverter. The inverter is mounted in the jeep, so the box is 110v, with a power strip, and a 10 port USB Charging Station inside.

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 6.45.15 AM.png

Reactions: Ryan Matthes

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Not all the chargers are available in 12v, so I had to go with an inverter. The inverter is mounted in the jeep, so the box is 110v, with a power strip, and a 10 port USB Charging Station inside.

View attachment 23231
That's neat in that you can carry it in the house and charge everything up when not traveling. I was wondering if you had the inverter mounted in the Action Packer and fed in 12V or if the cable on the Action Packer was a standard 110V plug. I really like this idea though, it would make a cool addition to a travel trailer.

Reactions: Kelly

bonesky

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Boston
Member #

Nice, I had a similar idea, but with a solar panel on the lid back to things charger. The box would have to be water tight also and go on the roof rack.

Reactions: Kelly

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
Great project! This just gave me an awesome idea!
I built one of those stereo coolers so I don't run down our cabin's solar battery bank. I patched in a 100w panel to charge it but that little 33ah battery goes forever. Even with all the speakers, charge controller, etc, there's still a good 5-6" of wasted space in the cooler for a large tray. I already have a DC Out and single USB, but this would be a great add on.

Thanks for posting!

Dan & Jen Nevada

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

On the Road...
Member #

That's a great idea! I built a charging station out of a small parts organizer and a power strip with room between the outlets for the wall warts. But the organizer only holds the chargers and assorted other stuff. They are out in the open when charging. I might like yours better...

Reactions: britz