Launch Member

Contributor III

Arizona
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Yeats
Member #

I bought some BFG KO2's (load E) about a year and a half ago from Discount Tire and purchased non-"DT" KO2's, but what they put on were the "DT" version. It wasn't until a few days later that I realized this, and at that point it wasn't worth it to me to have them all changed, so I just let them know and got some free credit. At the time I don't think anyone really knew what the difference was, other than it removed the snow peak designation and boasted better tire wear in pavement and gravel/dirt type use.

After about 15k miles I can say I have seen no problems or concerns with this tire. Wear is excellent, road noise is as good as any other AT I have used, and performance seems the same as normal BFG KO2 versions. So, basically, I don't know what the difference really is, but they seem fine. These are being used in Arizona in a desert environment and high desert/mountain environment mostly.

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
So what's the actual difference between the 2 tires, did you get the certificates on your tires? Are the 2 types of tires marked differently?

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

As I understand it DT are a compound to use for warmer climates where the typical KO2 were wearing out early due to the soft snow/ice compatible compound currently used elsewhere.

I was offered both and chose non DT due to frequent trips up into the snow belt each winter.

Reactions: The other Sean