First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi,

I don't have that much time these days, but I would like to write a few lines to give all of our great community who were not there this year or have never been to the "Abenteuer Allrad" offroad and overlanding expo an idea of what it was like and what it is all about.

Let's look back a little. In May 1999 an offroad exhibition was held for the first time in Bad Kissingen/ Germany/ Europe, at that time still called "Off-Road-Aktiv". That was the beginning of the success story of this offroad and overlanding expo, which has become a permanent institution in the offroad and overlanding community to this day.

Today, visitors from all over the world come to the fair. Which is not just a trade fair. "Abenteuer Allrad" is an exhibition, one of the world's largest long-distance travel meetings and more. There are offers for the whole family, lectures, workshops, driving courses and charity actions. Sundays are always the family day. The fair area, on which approx. 350 exhibitors are presenting, covers approximately 100,000 square meter. There is really everything to see, 4x4s, vans, off-road vehicles, expedition vehicles, SUVs, accessories, clubs and associations, outdoor equipment, magazines, spare parts, tents, RTTs, organized touring offers, etc.

2021_AbenteuerAllrad_BE_1.jpg

After having to be postponed several times due to C19 restrictions, the show could finally take place from 21st to 24th October 2021. The 23rd Abenteuer Allrad opened its doors. To hold such a big event under the current conditions is of course a big challenge. The time of year was also unusual, as the fair usually takes place in summer temperatures. This time there was even frost and so the visitors gathered around the campfires. On the first day of the fair, the exhibition unfortunately had to remain closed, as there was an official storm warning from the weather service. Safety first! Unfortunately, there was also some damage to vehicles and stands of the exhibitors to complain. But the next days the weather was good and it was partly even quite sunny.

2021_AbenteuerAllrad_BE_2.jpg

There were also many Overland Bound members on site and we had a common base camp on one of the four camping areas of the event. Altogether I counted, if I did not miscount, fourteen vehicles of OB members. We even got to welcome a new member right at the event. Great. It was great to meet many familiar faces and get to know new people. We spent the time with walks over the exhibition (between the camps, the parking lots and the fair shuttle buses run just to point out the dimensions) and the large camparea, in which there was plenty to see, good conversations around the campfire, technical talk, barbeque, etc. A great community.

2021_AbenteuerAllrad_BE_3.jpg

Next year the event will take place again on the usual date from June 16 to 19, then hopefully under normalized conditions. We are looking forward to it!

If you have any questions about the event, feel free to reach out. Also if someone has something to add, photos etc. like to add here.

Bjoern

Last edited:

Wranglervirus

Local Expert North/East Europe

Advocate III

Žuvų gatvė 9-2, Šakiai, 47412 Lithuania
First Name
Tomas
Last Name
Karlonas
Member #

Hi,

I don't have that much time these days, but I would like to write a few lines to give all of our great community who were not there this year or have never been to the "Abenteuer Allrad" offroad and overlanding expo an idea of what it was like and what it is all about.

Let's look back a little. In May 1999 an offroad exhibition was held for the first time in Bad Kissingen/ Germany/ Europe, at that time still called "Off-Road-Aktiv". That was the beginning of the success story of this offroad and overlanding expo, which has become a permanent institution in the offroad and overlanding community to this day.

Today, visitors from all over the world come to the fair. Which is not just a trade fair. "Abenteuer Allrad" is an exhibition, one of the world's largest long-distance travel meetings and more. There are offers for the whole family, lectures, workshops, driving courses and charity actions. Sundays are always the family day. The fair area, on which approx. 350 exhibitors are presenting, covers approximately 100,000 square meter. There is really everything to see, 4x4s, vans, off-road vehicles, expedition vehicles, SUVs, accessories, clubs and associations, outdoor equipment, magazines, spare parts, tents, RTTs, organized touring offers, etc.

View attachment 214281

After having to be postponed several times due to C19 restrictions, the show could finally take place from 21st to 24th October 2021. The 23rd Abenteuer Allrad opened its doors. To hold such a big event under the current conditions is of course a big challenge. The time of year was also unusual, as the fair usually takes place in summer temperatures. This time there was even frost and so the visitors gathered around the campfires. On the first day of the fair, the exhibition unfortunately had to remain closed, as there was an official storm warning from the weather service. Safety first! Unfortunately, there was also some damage to vehicles and stands of the exhibitors to complain. But the next days the weather was good and it was partly even quite sunny.

View attachment 214280

There were also many Overland Bound members on site and we had a common base camp on one of the four camping areas of the event. Altogether I counted, if I did not miscount, fourteen vehicles of OB members. We even got to welcome a new member right at the event. Great. It was great to meet many familiar faces and get to know new people. We spent the time with walks over the exhibition (between the camps, the parking lots and the fair shuttle buses run just to point out the dimensions) and the large camparea, in which there was plenty to see, good conversations around the campfire, technical talk, barbeque, etc. A great community.

View attachment 214279

Next year the event will take place again on the usual date from June 16 to 19, then hopefully under normalized conditions. We are looking forward to it!

If you have any questions about the event, feel free to reach out. Also if someone has something to add, photos etc. like to add here.

Bjoern
It was my first time and i absolutly loved it; only problem i was stuck on exibitor area so next time i would try camping area to be able to have bone fire with other OB members! Only 5 pics at the time so i keep posting more

Attachments

Wranglervirus

Advocate III

First Name
Tomas
Last Name
Karlonas
Member #

Hi,

View attachment 214281

View attachment 214280

View attachment 214279

Bjoern

Attachments

Reactions: El-Dracho

Wranglervirus

Advocate III

First Name
Tomas
Last Name
Karlonas
Member #

Hi,

View attachment 214281

View attachment 214280

View attachment 214279

Bjoern

Attachments

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Thanks for sharing the photos here, Tomas! They give a good impression of what was on the expo area!

Reactions: Wranglervirus

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
I only took close-ups of the Troopies! Insides and price stickers :cry:. Here are some other pics of the weekend.

Attachments