Launch Member

Advocate II

Florida, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
DoubleA
Member #

Hello all, new to the forum and membership. I have put this off for years because I didn't really count my old truck as an overlander... BUT, just took delivery of my 2000 Land Rover Discovery II with the specific intent on building an overlander for the family.

The disco is in rough shape but driveable. I'll be spending the next few months just getting all the jury-rigging and neglect from the previous owner taken care of. My initial focus will be on reliability before i really get into any upgrades. This is definitely a budget build, with two boys that are just starting in school I dont have a ton of money to throw at her, but slowly I think the disco will end up being a pretty BA little camping rig for me and the family.

Looking forward to getting more involved as time goes on.

IMG_8869.jpg

Other vehicles:
2016 Suburu Outback 3.6
2007 Ford F350 Diesel
1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 (302HO swap)

Aaron
Tampa Bay, FL #18,439

Reactions: Nanuka and Booker

Nanuka

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sanford, FL, USA
First Name
Jessica
Last Name
Tooley
Member #

Welcome! Fellow Floridian!

No qualms over the low budget focus with huge goals. I still have my autox queen that I take to shows and upkeep as well. Only had my potential overlanding rig for 4months and done some basic maintenance. Cheers to the future! You've got one heck of a great start and positive attitude toward it. [emoji111]

Reactions: DoubleA_FL