Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Photos from Wales Greenlaning Association.

Be careful when out and about Greenlaning.

Not everyone appreciates our search for adventure and getting off the tarmac and coming across these might at least end up being expensive for new tyres or worse a visit to a hospital.

Where ever you go off track make sure you are permitted to do so, follow the core principles and rules of Greenlaning and be a good advertisement for our passion.

596D8B26-0C1E-4DA2-A5E1-745730C6B5B4.jpeg2C33F150-31E9-405F-A0F2-9632C5DFE288.jpegC5680C3B-E0D7-4D6E-A33D-E66CAA3EDCC0.jpegDE33A25E-C151-4A9F-9393-CC80D19A483B.jpegB6A2BD18-8E86-4ABF-A2E8-6C72E33EB05A.jpeg

Reactions: MunsterGeo Overland

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

That’s shocking! I’m guessing this is just as likely to injure animals such as horses as it is humans and BFG’s!

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Thats an old harrow lets not jump to conclision i seen quite a few dug up by metal detector crews then disgauded by them
Bnt

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I think it's deliberate. As posted above, it is a danger to people, animals, and BFG's. In the USA, the tree-huggers were notorious in the Pacific NW, for 'spiking' trees. When a chain saw hit these, the operator was lucky if it only ruined the saw. If not, Life and Limb were jeopardized, miles from medical help. They also used road spikes similar to the photos, to disable back country vehicles, usually in areas where tree harvesting was planned. These were the dangerous ACTIVISTS, unlike the more humorous people who chained themselves to trees.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Thats an old harrow lets not jump to conclision i seen quite a few dug up by metal detector crews then disgauded by them
Bnt
They were laid across the track in deep puddles. I’m not pointing the finger at who put them there as no one knows but they were placed by someone not just thrown out of the way.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
They were laid across the track in deep puddles. I’m not pointing the finger at who put them there as no one knows but they were placed by someone not just thrown out of the way.
In that case take them out and put them out of harms way install a wildlife cam and see if the would be sabatour comes back :wink:

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

I ran into a carefully laid out barbed wire trap in a puddle just before a gateway in North Wales. Got wrapped right round the front axle and both tyres before I realised what was happening.

• Sad
Reactions: Desert Runner

MunsterGeo Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Mid West Ireland
First Name
John
Last Name
C
Member #

Wow!

Thanks for the heads up guys.

I've never come across this in Ireland but our lack of greenlanes us probably the reason for this.

I've driven many off-road tracks on our hillsides in a professional capacity where even with a legal right of way and legitimate reason for being on the track local landowners object the them being used but have never before seen this behaviour.

I'll be seriously more vigilant going forward and let my colleagues know of this horrific action.

Reactions: Polaris Overland