Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Yeah, it was fun but sold the truck, bought another, and ended up in this wonderful place. LOL.
I'm currently in Mid Missouri and exploring the Mark Twain National Forest, and surrounding areas. Beautiful State.
I'm retired from the US Navy, grew up in Washington DC, Army Brat of a WWII, Korea and Vietnam EOD guy. Moved 33 times, 2 continents, 3 countries. Lived and worked in Europe for a dozen years. Eagle Scout, National Ski Patrol (former), Climber, Mountaineer and camper hiker backpacker kind of guy. I'm old.
I build stuff for my trucks, welder and fabricator. The camper below I made over a eight month period. Love it, used it and sadly because I sold the truck, it's for sale.
Have the new to me F250 and excited to do some cool things to it also.
I have lurked here a long time, and decided I need to be here. I'm a picture post whore so stand by for lots of pics.
Thank you all for letting me into this community. I appreciate it.
Zim
IMG-1418.JPG airsys2.JPG chuckbox3.JPG fire1.JPG
IMG-1511.JPG

D

Deleted member 14476

I build stuff for my trucks, welder and fabricator. The camper below I made over a eight month period.
That is an awesome camper, especially since you built it yourself. Welcome to the team man! I saw those steps you just built for the F-250, those are awesome too. I’m a big DIY guy myself. Excited to see what you do to your new rig!

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
That is an awesome camper, especially since you built it yourself. Welcome to the team man! I saw those steps you just built for the F-250, those are awesome too. I’m a big DIY guy myself. Excited to see what you do to your new rig!
Thanks. Looking for a ARE DCU for the F250. Building another one is not in the plans yet...and I have some yet's left in my life..LOL
Zim

Reactions: SJ.Overland

Quacken

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Belleville, IL, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9YQP
I am in the Belleville IL area, i've been looking at some of the overland routes that pass though Mark Twain. What bed length is your camper shell for, and what are looking to get for it?

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
I am in the Belleville IL area, i've been looking at some of the overland routes that pass though Mark Twain. What bed length is your camper shell for, and what are looking to get for it?
It's a 6' bed. Was looking at 3k but I'm willing to work with folks. The cool factor is there for sure....in my opinion...lol. I thought it would be gone in a few hours. LMAO
Zim

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Yeah, it was fun but sold the truck, bought another, and ended up in this wonderful place. LOL.
I'm currently in Mid Missouri and exploring the Mark Twain National Forest, and surrounding areas. Beautiful State.
I'm retired from the US Navy, grew up in Washington DC, Army Brat of a WWII, Korea and Vietnam EOD guy. Moved 33 times, 2 continents, 3 countries. Lived and worked in Europe for a dozen years. Eagle Scout, National Ski Patrol (former), Climber, Mountaineer and camper hiker backpacker kind of guy. I'm old.
I build stuff for my trucks, welder and fabricator. The camper below I made over a eight month period. Love it, used it and sadly because I sold the truck, it's for sale.
Have the new to me F250 and excited to do some cool things to it also.
I have lurked here a long time, and decided I need to be here. I'm a picture post whore so stand by for lots of pics.
Thank you all for letting me into this community. I appreciate it.
Zim
View attachment 210181 View attachment 210182 View attachment 210183 View attachment 210184
View attachment 210185
Welcome to Overland Bound Zim
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514 and just south of you in AR is @BlueLineOverland
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R

Reactions: BlueLineOverland

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Zim, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service. Sounds like you are somewhat close to my brother in Warrensburg, who has zero interest in overlanding. :pensive:

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Welcome to Overland Bound Zim
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514 and just south of you in AR is @BlueLineOverland
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R
Thank you for noticing my nick name. I've been hammered before for putting this at the end of my post but I've done it for decades....and thanks again. Really glad to be here.
Zim

Reactions: Desert Runner

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

Zim, would love to meet up and show you around the Arkansas Ozarks if you head south!!!! Please let me know if you need anything!

Mason

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Welcome to OB, Zim! We're glad to have you here! I've seen a little bit of what you've done with that truck and as another fabricator I'm sure excited to see what else you come up with. You did some really great work on that camper. Enjoy!

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Hello Zim, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service. Sounds like you are somewhat close to my brother in Warrensburg, who has zero interest in overlanding. :pensive:
Sorry I missed this post Mike. Thank you for the reply. Warrensburg looks pretty nice. Close to the base too. I might just drop by there and look around
Some really nice towns in Missouri.
Thanks again.
Zim

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Welcome to OB, Zim! We're glad to have you here! I've seen a little bit of what you've done with that truck and as another fabricator I'm sure excited to see what else you come up with. You did some really great work on that camper. Enjoy!
Thank you Mike. I was a career draftsman and got tired of walking down the the shop. LOL. I'll builld the crap myself now. Ahahahahaha.
No really it just keeps me busy and I enjoy it.
Thanks again and see you around.
Zim

dp454so

Rank IV

Advocate II

USA
First Name
D
Last Name
P
Member #

Welcome Sojourner! Love that custom built camper shell and hardware inside! Good hunting and be well!