Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
First TB stands for Tracking Bug, a term used for trackables, which are monitored as they "travel"....TB's can be a dog tag, a coin or just about anything.

Please note, the information below is for traditional trackers utilizing Geocaching (dot) com site. We at Overland Bound can creat our own and accomplise the same goal (watch it travel across the USA), but what we must do for OB Trackers is list it in your cache notification thread by Description, Serial Number (Different from Cache number), the trackers Goal (travel the USA, Travel within the State, ??).
As OB trackers are found, list it on the thread for the cache you found it in, When you deposit it in its next cache (it is traveling), post this again on the chache thread you took it from and on the new cache thread.

I am going to make a thread just for trackers so you can look up say tracker number OB77-NV and see its details and goals and we can post its finds and new homes locations as well.......

For ease here is the TB search on geocache (dot) com: TB Log Search.

Trackable FAQs:

What are trackables?

Trackables are physical game pieces that move from geocache to geocache. Types of trackables include: geocoins, tags, t-shirts, and more!

Can I keep them?

In most cases, trackables want to travel. Use the tracking code on the trackable to look up its goal. Log trackables in order to move them along.

How do I log a trackable?

Trackables can be found in geocaches, your inventory, or through the trackable code search.

Use the tracking code to access the trackable details page and then choose the appropriate log type.

How do I start my own?

You can get trackables on Amazon or Geocaching.com or make your own. Give your trackable a goal (travel to Maine, or travel the USA) and drop it in a geocache to send it on its way.

Trackable tips:

• Try to move trackables within two weeks of taking them.
  • If a trackable isn't listed in a geocache, wait 24 hours or contact the last geocacher who logged the trackable.
  • If you think a trackable is missing from a geocache, contact the trackable owner or write a note on the trackable details page.

Last edited: