First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi,

Just posted this in the international Trips now and then section of the forum, but I know that mid european members often take a look in the mid europe sub-forum I add it also here.

I am just back from a short autumn tour through the foothills of the Alps and would like to share a few impressions with you.

Despite some C19 restrictions we adhered to of course, the trip was very relaxing and it was good to be out and about in nature away from everyday life.

Let's let a few pictures speak for themselves…

If you have any questions about this beautiful area, please get in touch, I'll be happy to help!

Maybe we can go and explore that area a bit with some more rigs next year when restrictions are eased again. Happy to organize something then.

Cheers, Bjoern

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Björn,

Iam interested in this.
What are the specs for this trip?
Mileage, area, wild camping or? about costs?
How many Rigs would you prefer?

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Robert,

The whole round trip for us, starting and ending near Frankfurt was about 1,500kms. We had about 2 weeks time, stayed mianly at three different places for a couple of days as we did not only travel by car but did a lot of outdoor actvities like hiking, paddling and so on. With focussing on one area or just overlanding and camping and see some places, the trip can be shortened of course.

We stayed on campsites, rules regarding wildcamping in Germany are clear, meaning not allowed. But there are plenty of nice campsites and there are several beautiful very natural campsites. A group of 4 to 6 rigs would be a good size.

Let´s keep such a trip in mind for the time after the C19 resctrictions! Would be great to go with a lttle group! Also I have already in mind a beautiful place in the south of Germany where we can meet for a weekend later this year. Just meet there, camp, campifre, good food, good talks!

Cheers, Björn

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I think we should aim for the area in the off-season and not in the middle of summer, otherwise it will be too crowded and it will be difficult to get a place with several people. The nature camping that i have in mind can be very crowded, especially in summer, and after all, we all want to have a place where we can light a fire. I keep that on the radar and I am happy to organize something once possible...

Reactions: MazeVX

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
[QUOTE="El-Dracho, post: 525548, member: 46494"
I think we should aim for the area in the off-season and not in the middle of summer, otherwise it will be too crowded and it will be difficult to get a place with several people. The nature camping that i have in mind can be very crowded, especially in summer, and after all, we all want to have a place where we can light a fire. I keep that on the radar and I am happy to organize something once possible...
[/QUOTE]

Off-season sounds good. That's when we try to plan as well. We're looking forward to seeing the Rally Point! What do you think about a meet, sometime, at an off-road park (Böser Wolf, or similar)? We could incorporate some off-road driving and training with camping. Something to think about once the restrictions lift?

Best regards,
Rick

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Off-season sounds good. That's when we try to plan as well. We're looking forward to seeing the Rally Point! What do you think about a meet, sometime, at an off-road park (Böser Wolf, or similar)? We could incorporate some off-road driving and training with camping. Something to think about once the restrictions lift?

Best regards,
Rick
Hi Rick,

yes, good idea! Böser Wolf is nice. Have been there quite often. It is also geographically well located with regard to the journey for many.

At the moment the park is closed and they do not know when to open again. But let´s keep an eye on this. A meeting there does not need much planing. When it is open again, just pick a weekend, set a Rally Point and go!

Cheers, Björn

Reactions: MazeVX and NotGumby

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Hi Rick,

yes, good idea! Böser Wolf is nice. Have been there quite often. It is also geographically well located with regard to the journey for many.

At the moment the park is closed and they do not know when to open again. But let´s keep an eye on this. A meeting there does not need much planing. When it is open again, just pick a weekend, set a Rally Point and go!

Cheers, Björn
Hi Björn,

Yes, it is that easy. Only thought is reserving the camping for the number of rigs. I'll keep my eye on this too! Looking forward to ANY meet!

Rick

Reactions: El-Dracho