Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

A note on Overland Bound East Monthly Meetups. I have seen quite a few instances where folks have not gone to them (excluding the kickoff events) because their rig isn’t ready. And that is fine. It is your choice what you do with your own time. But I did want to mention that the regular meetups are for everyone and that rigs are not necessarily the focal point of the meet. If you don’t have a rig yet, if your rig is broken down, if you have never driven off pavement, or if you are a rock crawler and you go overlanding every weekend, etc… the meetups are still for you. They are meant to get y’all together and out from behind the keyboard. To talk about off road techniques, gear, past trips, future trips maybe even plan a trip with some fellow OB members in your area. You can talk about your dog, cat whatever floats your boat. Not every single one will be round table / cars and coffee, and that is fine. But there will be a good portion of them that anyone can attend with any mode of transportation. So if there is a meetup that is happening and it’s a run of the mill gathering for coffee/beer/pizza/picnic, then don’t let your lack of rig or off road knowledge stop you from going.
My main motivation and goals for the meetups is that 1) there will be one meetup within about an hour of the vast majority of members in the East Region that meets at least once per month, and 2) that members of all skill levels will be able to attend to learn, share past experiences and plan future adventures with one another.

Alright, I’m done with my long winded PSA. While I have your attention, below are links to all of the current meetups that are being planned or are already in motion, with one for Northeastern PA coming soon. If you don’t see one for your area, and you would like to, let me know. Heck, volunteer to help get one going, if you can. I think all the current meetup coordinators will tell you I am easy to work with and will let you do as much or as little as you need/want. If you are already planning something that you want to make a monthly meetup, let me know how I can help. I'm happy to help plan and send out messages or just promote and be a cheerleader. As your Ambassador, I am here to help with anything you need, especially meetups and trips/events. So let me know how I can help you.

Central New Jersey Monthly Meet Kickoff
Virginia West Monthly Meetup Kickoff!
Northern VA / MD Monthly Meetups
Eastern VA Monthly Meetups
Eastern Mass Monthly Meetup

SE New Hampshire & S Maine Monthly Meetup

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
If I might add something Chris, we are using the map function to do group messages with info about the respective meet-ups. If you would all please verify your marker on the map is in the correct spot so we don't accidentally add you to a message. I've had a couple guys show interest in a meet-up so far, only to realize they should probably be with one of the other groups that's already doing something close to their home. This doesn't seem like a huge deal but you might get left out of something local to you! Not that anyone would be unwelcome at our meet-ups, but we're trying to centralize our events so everyone can join in!

Reactions: MA_Trooper

Bodhisattva05X

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western MA
Member #

Chris, do you have anyone doing anything for Western MA? Greater Springfield has plenty of places that would easily facilitate a monthly meet up