Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

We just got snow in Chicago and that made us think about a hardier style of food. We pulled out the dutch oven and made some biscuits and gravy casserole. One pot and delicious-I hope you like!

yazanabbas11

Rank I

Contributor III

ANNABA, Annaba, Algeria
First Name
Scott
Last Name
OReilly
I feel like all my favourite foods are warming - but a few that stand out are curries, shepherd’s pie or cottage pie, and chili. Not exactly a recipe, but if your house is cold I highly recommend heating your plates/bowls in the oven for a little while before serving. I used to think my grandparents were ridiculous for doing that, but it really helps your food stay hot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragman

Sputnik

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda, Bay Area, CA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
H.
Member #

if you set the plate out in 100 degree sun for just 30-40 minutes, the plate will reach close to 100 degrees
it also helps if you pre-warm the plate first
Can we set it out in 30 degree weather to chill the plate for desserts? :D

Contributor III

Dallas, TX, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Gilbert
I feel like all my favourite foods are warming - but a few that stand out are curries, shepherd’s pie or cottage pie, and chili. Not exactly a recipe, but if your house is cold I highly recommend heating your plates/bowls in the oven for a little while before serving. I used to think my grandparents were ridiculous for doing that, but it really helps your food stay hot.

Yes this trick really helps, especially for those who love to eat warm food.