A new member from the Antelope Vally , CA.

• HTML tutorial

Trackerjack

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Lancaster, CA, USA
First Name
Ajit
Last Name
Jothikumar
Member #

hello all....I've already posted my hello in the new member section, but I thought I'd make that same post here since my primary reason for being here is to find people to go out there with. here's what I posted.....

hello, folks! like a lot of you out here, I've watched the overland bound YouTube channel, as well as other overland you tubers , for a few years now. I've always had a desire to get into some off road driving and watching all these you tubers has taught me quite a bit.....and I'm appreciative of all of that free information.

however, I've never quite gone out there myself, yet.

main reason being is one piece of wise advise that I've heard from all these seasoned overlanders and off- roaders.....and that's not to go out there by yourself.

so, while I've been quite ready to go out there for months now, I just haven't yet because I could never find anybody to go out with. admittedly that's the main reason I'm here. to find any group of people out there that wouldn't mind a noob tagging along and learning from them. aside from that , I hope to make some friends here and hopefully contribute back to this community in some way.

here's a bit about me. I just turned 50...(sigh) and never came from a family culture that did any outdoor stuff. I pretty much had to teach myself all that I know. mostly from that aforementioned platform. I'm primarily an RVer, who wants to boondock in more remote locations. I'm interested in learning off road skills to help do that safely....and eventually do some weekend overloading trips with just my truck. at the moment, I'm not interested in rock crawling , nor do I think I have a rig that's best suited to that....I mostly want to drive some challenging dirt roads with some challenging obstacles in some beautiful locations. that's pretty much it.

I drive a 2019 Ram 3500 Megacab Laramie Longhorn 4X4, with the 4.10 gearing and the Hemi. relatively light compared to other Heavy Duty off roaders.i sport some 18" wheels with some all terrain tires and a Diamond Back bed cover. that's really it for modifications. I'm close to getting a Thuren suspension upgrade and to move up to 35" BFGs. I think those are pretty modest mods for a beginner. I do also have some safety equipment and can air up or down my own tires. I also tow a 25ft Airstream travel trailer.a nice size rig that can get to a lot of nice locations..... hopefully lol.

I look forward to getting to know a lot of you. thanks for looking in.