A New Look for the Tacoma!

• HTML tutorial

Overland A Far

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rocky Mountain House, Alberta
Member #

With the past month being filled with trips to the BCOR (British Columbia Overland Rally 2018), local back roads and Banff we came to the decision to make a change to the way we overland - namely making it way more comfortable for the Mrs. Our expedition trailer sold to a very nice couple (saw them using it at the BCOR) and the roof top tent on the way to Arizona (sold) I looked long and hard at getting a 4 Wheel Camper. In fact I looked and measured several times at the units they had on display at the BCOR. The $35,000 was, well a lot so I eventually found a Six Pac unit for sale and as my wife is getting real accustomed to my method of " improvements to our travel unit" we picked it up on her birthday. Ha too funny! So now the build starts.
Proper wiring, a battery management system, improved outside lighting, solar panels/controller, a Trasharoo I bought at the BCOR, and the list goes on! Amazon - should have bought shares!
We have tested it our twice now and will be out tomorrow for the weekend in the +35 degree weather. This I must agree is comfortable and with the use of my cordless impact driver can lift and take this off the Tacoma in a few minutes. All my wiring is plug and play. So I can still do some off-roading with the Tacoma. Just need to sort out a storage system for the off road gear. We have two more trips booked this month. Western Canada Rally Point event - see the notice, and a trip into the Chungo/Blackstone/Wapiabi. And the 410 Expedition Rally in September. Summer here is short - will keep everyone posted.

Attachments

Reactions: JCWages