Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Started working on my electrical and water systems this afternoon. Modified the cap of my 7 gallon water container to accept a barb fitting. Waiting on my water pump to come in so I can get this thing running! Added a fused switch panel. It’s connected directly to a blue sea circuit breaker so I can kill power going to the back end whenever it’s not needed. Everything is coming together!

Attachments

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Added a removable panel to cover up the back corner. Gives me a full flat load floor. Still planning on hiding my tools and propane tank under there if I go with the 5 gallon tank. Still unsure as I can get a larger tank for cheaper.. I’m not really hurting for space so I might just go with the larger tank. Easier to get and swap for new tanks. My 7 gallon Water tank will go in the back corner. Out of the way when I’m on the trail but I can pull it up and refill it easy enough might be a pain if I need to refill on the trail with my filter or something but hopefully that won’t be an issue. 7 gallons is a fair amount of water and I usually take a few 1 liter bottles in the cooler for drinking. With the electric pump setup it’ll be super easy getting the water in the back of the rig.

Attachments

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Forgot to post this the other day but I did a Walkaround video this weekend. Took me a few tries to include everything I wanted to talk about.

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Finished up my kitchen today! Still need to tweak a few things after I have a test run but overall she’s complete! I now have propane, running water, tons of storage, and of course my cooler/stove slide. Some assembly required but it all sets up in about 5 minutes. Really the only annoying part is hooking up the propane hose and taking it off whenever I want to set up camp. Also uploaded a short video with an overview.

Attachments

Reactions: grubworm

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Went with a 15 lb propane tank because it will serve double duty at home. We have a gas grill we use occasionally when the weather is bad so it will work for that and for my camping stove. If I ever get a heater I could use it for that too.

Reactions: grubworm

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

So today I sat down and reflected on the fact that my rig feels done. It has everything I set out to give it. I have running water, rear lights, my awning room, cooler/stove slide out, drawer system. It’s great.

But now I’m bored and I want more! I think I have a problem.

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Good looking truck, just traded in my 2017 4x4 Frontier CC, I just needed something bigger
Thanks. I love my frontier. I looked at a couple of full sized trucks but just felt like they were overkill for what I needed

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Started looking at go fast campers, the vagabond campers, etc yesterday while I was at work. For those who don’t know, it basically combines a clamshell RTT with a truck topper. You enter the tent area from the truck bed. I’ll include a picture down below.

Here’s my problem, even the cheapest ones are $6k-$7k! No way could I pay that. I mean I could but it would mean I’d probably have to get a divorce, and the whole purpose of building all these luxuries into my rig is so that she is MORE likely to go camping with me. How hard could it be? In the coming weeks we might just find out... I’m either gonna have a super cool home brew pop up truck camper or an angry wife and a garage full of scrap material I’ll never use for anything else

Attachments

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

New tires today! 255/85/16 BFG KM3s. A little more ground clearance and a lot more aggressive tread.

Attachments

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Forgot to post this the other day but I did a Walkaround video this weekend. Took me a few tries to include everything I wanted to talk about.

Awesome rig! I just got mine! Got some great ideas from your video!
I’m glad it was able to help give you some ideas! Let me know if you have any questions about my rig

destinationdenmans

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Angelo, TX, USA
First Name
Patricia
Last Name
Denman
Member #

Today’s project: Installing my new GMRS radio. Pretty simple install, I hid the wiring behind the dash and under the center console but I didn’t hard wire anything. Haven’t really gotten a chance to use it yet and honestly have no idea what I’m doing with it. I really need to find a user manual and dig into it. Haven’t got my license yet so for now it’s just there to look at and tinker with. Planning on getting my license before my next big trip and probably gonna pick up a couple Handhelds to toss to my friends. Later this week I have an attachment for my Ram Mount bar to hold the handset coming in. For now I guess it’s just gonna hang out in the little cubby hole down there.
Hahaha wearing those PT shorts! Looks like a good install!

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Today’s project: Installing my new GMRS radio. Pretty simple install, I hid the wiring behind the dash and under the center console but I didn’t hard wire anything. Haven’t really gotten a chance to use it yet and honestly have no idea what I’m doing with it. I really need to find a user manual and dig into it. Haven’t got my license yet so for now it’s just there to look at and tinker with. Planning on getting my license before my next big trip and probably gonna pick up a couple Handhelds to toss to my friends. Later this week I have an attachment for my Ram Mount bar to hold the handset coming in. For now I guess it’s just gonna hang out in the little cubby hole down there.
Hahaha wearing those PT shorts! Looks like a good install!
Gotta be ready to PT at any moment!

I have like a dozen pairs of them at this point and they’re super comfortable to work in.

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Gotta be ready to PT at any moment!

I have like a dozen pairs of them at this point and they’re super comfortable to work in.
nah I get it. I’m stationed at Beale and wear them all the time!
Beale must be nice! The weather here at Robins is killing me slowly. Missed out on all the hood camping weather due to COVID and now I’m just waiting for it to cool off again

destinationdenmans

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Angelo, TX, USA
First Name
Patricia
Last Name
Denman
Member #

Beale must be nice! The weather here at Robins is killing me slowly. Missed out on all the hood camping weather due to COVID and now I’m just waiting for it to cool off again
We’re centrally locates to all the goods in nature. Surrounded by like 7 national forests and close to the coast. It’s hot though don’t get me wrong. But it’s humid AF down near you. I was raised in NC and don’t miss being constantly wet during the summer.

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

We’re centrally locates to all the goods in nature. Surrounded by like 7 national forests and close to the coast. It’s hot though don’t get me wrong. But it’s humid AF down near you. I was raised in NC and don’t miss being constantly wet during the summer.
Yeah I’m from the Northeast so it’s definitely a big difference!