Investor

Pathfinder III

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

As I have been getting ready for the latest trip I have been doing a lot of home dehydrating of various foods and it is pretty surprising how good some of these recipes are. But I have also been trying some other items out and I found a couple that I thought were pretty good and thought I would pass on.

For eggs we discovered the OvaEasy Whole Egg Crystals and I am shocked how good this product is-you are limited to scrambled eggs or omelets of course, or using it in recipes but I would be hard pressed to distinguish from fresh scrambled eggs. Ingredients are essentially eggs. OvaEasy Whole Egg 4.5 oz (12 eggs)

The other discovery (and I am not an instant coffee guy at all but gotta adapt to the situation) is the new Starbuck's Instant Coffee in a tin. I think this is head and shoulders above other instant coffees I have had. I know there are some great threads here on coffee so just adding this as it was readily available in my area. It is much fuller and smoother than others I have had (more like Alpine Start than Nescafe for sure) and seems to pack a pretty solid caffeine punch. Too expensive for any sort of daily drinker in my opinion at $9.99 a tin but fits the bill for my needs at the moment. Starbucks® Medium Roast

I just wanted to pass this on and expect the products, especially the eggs, may not be new to a lot of you.

Last edited:

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I like the concept but they are definitely pricey. Hopefully they'll come down in price so us who have tight budgets can afford them! I might try some just to see how good they are compared to the liquid eggs which I don't find very good.

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

For sure both of these products are on the pricey side. I think both are well worth the price, however I think they are also best used when you have limited space or have to go light weight. On most occasions we take real eggs and use a French press or percolator for our coffee.

By the way-about time our Vikings had a good weekend!

Reactions: 9Mike2