Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Diego, CA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Y
Member #

Nice ZJ. I still sometimes miss my 96, it wasn't the most reliable truck I've ever owned but it was very capable on the trail. What type of lift are you thinking of for yours?

http://wwww.blankwhitepage.com/automotive/1996-jeep-grand-cherokee
Going to put on coil spacers for the moment. I have some wheels/tires that were Jeep JK takeoffs, that I believe will fit with 2" of lift.

Later this year I plan to do Old Man Emu springs, with a long arm kit for 4.5" of lift, a high steer kit, and 33" tires.

Sent from my LG-H910 using OB Talk mobile app

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Off to nice start!

The BB and the JK wheels will definitely give it a nicer stance and get you further down the trail. Happy wrenching!

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

there are a lot of things I really miss about my ZJ mainly the ride off road and on for that matter. I had a Rubicon Express 3.5 super flex kit and with a little trimming ran 33x10.50s it was super stable and didn't affect my gas mileage at all
hdr_00382_0.jpg

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
@Smileyshaun, nice ZJ!

Even though it leaked and was not reliable, I miss my ZJ as well. With a ~3" lift and lots of fender trimming it could stuff 33x12.5R15s and was very capable on the trail.

GTIDudeMkVI

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Diego, CA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Y
Member #

The project continued this weekend. We pulled the front end apart to ditch the worn out steering linkage, and got to work on the ball joints. 0E4F76EE-(1).jpg20180603_174029.jpg20180603_161617.jpg

Sent from my LG-H910 using OB Talk mobile app

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
looks nice!, I also miss my ZJ, check out mountain vista fabrication some time, some really good affordable upgrades and armor. God I have got to get a new rig.