9 Days from Los Angeles (July 28th) What to see?

• HTML tutorial

MarioDidIt

Rank III

Advocate II

Currently planning a grand tour of California for 9 days (July 28th - August 6th) leaving work in LA in the afternoon and heading towards the Eastern Sierras, day by day making my way towards Modoc. Then cutting across to the Redwoods and working my way back down.

However, as I continue to plan I cant help but wonder if I can make better use of those days. I've recently seen a lot more photos of Glacier Natl Park, and Yellowstone has been on my list for a while. Would it be a better trip to make the two day drive up that way, have 5 days to explore those two areas, and then take two days to drive back? I'll be camping the whole time.

Any suggestions or opinions?
The whole point of my current plan is to see the best CA has to offer since I am from this state, and then I can start to focus on exploring other states but I'm open to other trip ideas.

Reactions: Gary Stevens

covello

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Monica, CA
Member #

I've explored Sequoia a little bit, but not Yellowstone, Modoc or others.

I'm actually planning a similar trip in June! But I'm headed east to Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and Utah. ;) California is too hot for my rig with no AC! haha

Reactions: MarioDidIt

MarioDidIt

Rank III

Advocate II

I've explored Sequoia a little bit, but not Yellowstone, Modoc or others.

I'm actually planning a similar trip in June! But I'm headed east to Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and Utah. ;) California is too hot for my rig with no AC! haha
Try to check out Havasupai Point, you wont be disappointed ;)

Reactions: covello