Launch Member

Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Totten
Member #

So last weekend my wife’s friend from college came through on the way to GCNP North Rim. We decided to pull the kids from school, how much do they really learn in the first week anyway, and following along. We hit Arches, Bryce Canyon, Zion, North Rim Grand Canyon, Staircase-Escalante, and Capital Reef. It was a whirlwind given our timetable, but an epic road trip. Since my back surgeries, this has been to longest camping trip I’ve been able to take. Will be going back to all for hiking and biking when my body allows.
IMG_1241.JPGIMG_1238.JPGIMG_1249.JPGIMG_1251.JPGIMG_1253.JPGIMG_1255.JPGIMG_1256.JPGIMG_1257.JPGIMG_1259.JPGIMG_1260.JPGIMG_1260.JPGIMG_1261.JPGIMG_1262.JPGIMG_1263.JPGIMG_1269.JPGIMG_1268.JPGIMG_1267.JPGIMG_1286.JPGIMG_1285.JPGIMG_1283.JPGIMG_1289.JPGIMG_1298.JPG

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
Those are all great NPs to visit. When I saw the title of this post I immediately thought you must have been in Utah. I visited those parks last year when I got lucky and was sent to Utah for work for 4 months... I was in Green River... Looks like you had a great time.

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

That does look like a very fun "recon" trip. I need to make the effort to hit some of those with my little guy.

303JETSET

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Totten
Member #

That does look like a very fun "recon" trip. I need to make the effort to hit some of those with my little guy.
It really was. As I heal up and the youngest gets a little older, we will come back to really adventure these parks.

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

Great photos of your trip, thanks for sharing. Heal fast & enjoy your revisit!
As a Land Surveyor, thanks for including the pic of the USGS Monument!

303JETSET

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Totten
Member #

Great photos of your trip, thanks for sharing. Heal fast & enjoy your revisit!
As a Land Surveyor, thanks for including the pic of the USGS Monument!
I love when I find those. I don’t look up the location so I have to find them. Love the hunt.

Reactions: MuckSavage